What a year 2017 has been!
I need to start by saying thank you to our fabulous 2017 Greater Spokane Chapter board members: Hayley Graham, Deb Strohmaier, Crystal Kidd, Elizabeth Giles, Katy Wagnon, Jennifer Ferrero, and Leah Horton. These women have worked hard for you and PRSA, and our chapter success this year rests squarely on their shoulders!
I would like to extend a special thank you to our outgoing board members:
- Hayley Graham, served as programming chair, president, and past-president.
- Deb Strohmaier, served as secretary, programming chair and treasurer.
- Crystal Kidd, served three years as communications chair.
Their service has been exemplary. I am honored to have spent time with them over the last few years. It has been a lot of fun and a fantastic experience!
I am very excited about our three incoming board members for 2018:
- Laura Bracken, from Design Spike in Spokane Valley, will be serving as your 2018 programming chair.
- Tim Osborne, from the WSU Edward R. Murrow College of Communication in Pullman, will be serving as your 2018 sponsorship chair.
- Taylor McGill, from Corlinc in Spokane Valley, will be serving as your 2018 treasurer.
One additional board update
: Our 2017 secretary, Leah Horton, has begun a very exciting new opportunity with the United Way in Oregon. We wish her all the best!
But this means we need one more volunteer for our chapter board.
If you are interested in spending some time with an amazing group of professionals, developing leadership within your industry, advancing the profession of communications, and having a fabulous time in the process, please let us know!
Warm wishes this holiday season!