Dear Senesh Families-
We are looking forward to the return of our lower school in-person and middle school hybrid program on Tuesday morning.
We ask all families to continue to follow our community guidelines:
- Wear masks and social distance.
- Wash/sanitize your hands often.
- Limit playdates to outdoors only, one-on-one interactions, and children are masked
- Avoid group gatherings including multi-family get-togethers, group playdates and sleepovers, team sports, and birthday parties.
- Indoor classes outside of school are not recommended at this time.
Return to school requirements:
All students are required to submit a negative PCR test from January 12 or 13.
If you did not follow NY travel Guidelines (traveled to a noncontiguous state, US territory or CDC level 2 and higher country) you are required to quarantine for ten days upon return from traveling prior to returning to school. Please reach out to Nathalie Cabot with any questions at email@example.com.
Future surveillance testing at Senesh:
- On site COVID-19 PCR Tests will be offered at Senesh on Monday, January 25, February 1, and February 8.
- One-third of students and staff will be tested each week.
- The school is sending separate communications to families regarding your testing date and information should you choose to have your child tested elsewhere.
As community members begin to receive the vaccine we remind everyone:
The vaccine prevents you from getting severe Covid symptoms, but it is not 100% effective in preventing Covid infections. Also, you are more likely to have an asymptomatic infection, which could possibly spread COVID to others.
Learn more about the vaccine here.
Looking ahead to February break, February 15-20:
- At this time we DO NOT have plans to switch to whole school distance learning following the break to allow for a school quarantine period.
We will continue to monitor our school and NYC COVID data and only implement a school wide quarantine if it is deemed necessary for the health of our community.
We are asking our whole community to follow CDC and NY State guidelines during that break or you will be required to quarantine for ten days upon return from travel and prior to returning to school.
I know that after ten months everyone has COVID protocol fatigue, but please maintain your vigilance. Following these guidelines is our path to keeping our school open for in-person learning and everyone healthy.