Do you want to know about:
- Behavioral activation and how it can make a difference in the lives of people with depression and other behavioral health difficulties?
- Shared decision making and how it can make a difference in the quality of interactions between prescribers and consumers and the decisions that are made?
- Palliative care and how it can make a difference in the lives of people with serious, chronic and life threatening illness including those diagnosed with serious mental illness?
If so, our three new Knowledge Builders will be helpful to you.
- Behavioral Activation: describes the theoretical framework and rationale for behavioral activation, its primary components, and helpful tools.
- Shared Decision Making for Prescribers: focuses on the importance of shared decision-making (SDM) in the work of prescribers. Questions answered include: what is SDM?; why use SDM?; and what does SDM look like in practice? A case example is reviewed and helpful tool described.
- Providing Palliative Care to Individuals with Mental Illness: focuses on palliative care generally and specifically its use with individuals with mental illness. Questions answered include: what is palliative care?; what is the role of palliative care in improving the care of individuals with mental illness?; and in what settings are palliative care services provided?
CPI's Knowledge Builder modules are videos that provide basic information about specific topic areas. They are easy to follow and run from 10-30 minutes. If you've seen a "TED Talk", you are familiar with the structure. Many even include brief interviews and other segments that help the topic to come alive.
There are currently over 40 Knowledge Builders available to you in CPI's learning management system, with more under development. Topics cover a wide range of interests including clinical, programmatic, systems-oriented and even administrative.
To access our Knowledge Builders: