CREW DC 2017 President, Phyllis Liebman Brill, gave opening remarks at the Bisnow State of the Market event on June 27th to encourage industry support to further advance the success of women in commercial real estate. Here are some highlights from her speech:
* Founded in 1979 to promote professional opportunities and business relationships for women in the commercial real estate industry, CREW DC remains one of the oldest and largest chapters with 540 members!
* There are more than 10,000 CREW Network members worldwide representing every discipline within the industry. This covers over 70 major markets across the US, Canada, and most recently, Great Britain.
* CREW DC is advancing careers by focusing on developing strong, meaningful connections with one another, which are built over time and are best achieved when you have something to work on together. Through committee participation and leadership opportunities, CREW DC members really get to know one another.
* CREW is more than a networking organization. CREW means business! CREW DC members partner with one another on business opportunities whenever they can. Some will be recognized at our annual Awards Gala on September 28th, where projects are judged, in part, for the number of CREW DC members involved.
* Business between members is also happening beyond the local level. Members have access to other members within the CREW Network that makes new business connections only an email away.
* CREW DC prides itself on women helping other women but the success of women in commercial real estate is also dependent on men. Women need access to the C-suite, a seat at the table, and to be considered for high profile opportunities. In her speech, Phyllis recognized that there are many men in our industry who have championed our CREW women. She thanked them and said "we hope to see more."