The Indianapolis Chapter is having an education seminar on Thursday, January 17, 2013 from 3-5 pm. It will be held at the Riverwalk Banquet Center on the same day as the chapter meeting. The seminar will be a discussion on various exterior design options using both metal wall panels and fire rated glass / curtain wall. Aspects of the presentations will focus on the following:
- The evolution of clear/wireless fire rated glass
- Levels of impact safety related to glass products as it pertains to code requirements and testing standards
- Comparing and contrasting fire resistive and fire protective glass
- Understanding types of rain screens and their performance advantage
- Methods of heat transfer
- Features and benefits of various metal wall panels / window transitions and joinery
- Mosture/thermal design with metal wall panels and their role in developing sustainable buildings
- The effect of NFPA 285 on metal wall panel design options
Attendees will receive 2 AIA HSW LU's. Registration fee is $10 for CSI members / $15 for non-members and guests.
About the Presenters:
John Arnold is the District Sales Manager for CENTRIA
John has been with CENTRIA for over 29 years. At CENTRIA, John provides assistance in the application of Architectural Metal Wall and Roof Systems, which includes reviewing the Building and Energy Codes for the project location to provide the most effective and efficient system. He currently serves on the Board of Directors for the Indianapolis Chapter of CSI.
Kristi Davis, CSI, CDT is the Midwest Regional Sales Manager for Vetrotech Saint-Gobain. She began her career in the construction building materials business in 1987. From 1990-1998, she owned an Independent Rep firm, First Team Associates, in Phoenix, AZ. Kristi represented companies in Divisions 3, 7 & 9, including Dow Chemical Company, Styrofoam Brand Insulation; and Georgia Pacific Dens Deck and Dens Glass Gold. She was an active member of the Phoenix Chapter CSI, where she received her CDT in 1994. Kristi served on the Board of Directors and was Editor of the CSI Institute Award winning newsletter, "Cactus Comments". In 1998, Kristi joined CertainTeed Corporation and served in 3 capacities, including ceilings and fence, rail and deck before relocating to Chicago in 2009. She has held the position of Midwest Regional Manager for Vetrotech for 3 � years.