CX Plans for 2017 & Engaging Outsourced Workers
As I mentioned last month, Temkin Group has labelled 2017 "
The Year of Purpose
To help individuals tap into the power of purpose, we created the Elevate Purpose movement, which is made up of content and ideas to help people become more purposeful in both their personal and professional lives.
As part of these efforts, Temkin Group has announced a
Non-Profit Scholarship Program
that provides free tuition to our U.S. workshops for up to 20 qualified candidates from non-profit organizations. So far we've awarded five of these scholarships.
And to help explain why we believe purpose is fundamental to wellbeing, we've also released a new short video called
The Power of Purpose
While purpose is certainly important, it's not the only thing we've been working on. We have also published quite a few
Temkin Group reports
over the previous month:
- CX Plans and Expectations for 2017. We surveyed 165 large companies about their customer experience efforts over the past year and their plans for 2017. We compared the results of this survey to the results of similar surveys we've conducted over the previous six years. This year's results show that companies plan on dedicating more money and effort towards improving a variety of customer experience activities. See more information below.
- Engaging A Tethered Workforce. Many companies deliver customer experiences through workers who they do not directly control, such as contractors or employees of channel or outsourcing partners. This report examines best practices for improving employee engagement within this "tethered workforce." See more information below.
- Tech Vendors: Product and Relationship Satisfaction. We surveyed 800 IT decision-makers from large companies, asking them to rate both the products of and their relationships with 62 different tech vendors. HPE outsourcing, Google, and IBM SPSS earned the top overall scores, while Trend Micro, Infosys, and SunGard received the lowest overall scores.
is a leading CX research, advisory, and training firm. We help the world's largest brands accelerate their transformational journeys towards customer-centricity and build loyalty by engaging the hearts and minds of customers, employees, and partners.
Our team combines CX thought leadership with a deep understanding of the dynamics of organizations to accelerate results.
In Case You Missed It...
Here is some of the research we discussed in recent journals:
- State of CX Metrics, 2016. Temkin Group surveyed large companies to learn about how they use CX metrics and then compared their answers with similar studies we've conducted every year since 2011.
- Lessons in CX Excellence, 2017. This report provides detailed insights from the five winners of Temkin Group's CX Excellence Awards.
- Temkin Loyalty Index. For the second straight year, we examined how loyal consumers feel towards 294 companies across 20 industries.
- Capturing Insights from Online Customer Communities. We identified how online customer communities can be part of next-generation voice of the customer programs.
- The ROI of Customer Experience. We found that a moderate increase in CX generates an average revenue increase of $823 million over three years for a company with $1 billion in annual revenues.
- Net Promoter Benchmark Study. In our fifth annual Net Promoter® Score benchmark study,USAA, Cadillac, and Apple earned the highest NPS® out of 315 companies across 20 industries,
- State of VoC Programs. We found that only 16% of large companies are in the top two stages of VoC maturity.
- Translating Brand Promises into Employee Behaviors. This report provides best practices for making, embracing, and keeping brand promises.
- Tech Vendor NPS Benchmark, 2016 (B2B). Of the 62 tech vendors we evaluated, IBM, HPE outsourcing, IBM SPSS, and VMware earned the highest Net Promoter Score.
CX Plans & Expectations for 2017
For the seventh consecutive year, we surveyed large companies about their
CX performance and their plans
for the upcoming year. Based on the responses from 165 large organizations, we found that companies expect to spend more money on CX in 2017 than they did in 2016, that CX organizations are increasing in size, and that web experience and customer insights are companies' top priorities. As you can see in this excerpt taken from two figures in the report, CX efforts are delivering positive results, and companies expect CX to be even more important this year than it was last year.
Engaging A Tethered Workforce
Regardless of who employs them, engaged individuals are valuable assets for any company, and they are necessary for delivering good customer experience. However, when a brand uses tethered workers, it doesn't wholly control who exactly is delivering its customer experience. Thus, in order to provide the desired experience to all customers, regardless of who is delivering it, a brand has to recognize the entire system of elements that influences how those tethered workers both understand what's expected of them and how they ultimately behave on the job.
In this report, we identified best practices across three distinct connections;
Temkin Group Research Plans and Updates
We have quite a few exciting new reports underway, including Infusing Emotion into Digital Experience Design, The State of the CX Profession, Employee Engagement Benchmark Study, and the Temkin Experience Ratings (U.S. and UK).
- Research & Advisory subscriptions. Get access to leading-edge best practices, assessments, and benchmark data, in addition to ongoing advice from our CX Transformists, to help keep your efforts on track.
- CX training and workshops. We deliver leading-edge CX practices through in-house workshops, open-enrollment workshops, and customized training programs.
- Assessments of CX plans and capabilities. We identify gaps and opportunities in your CX plans and competencies.
- Informative and compelling speeches. We will inform and inspire your internal or client audiences.
If you're interested in Temkin Group's research or services, then drop me a line at
, visit our website at
, or give us a call at (617) 916-2075.
I hope that 2017 is a happy, healthy, and purposeful year for you and your family
Bruce Temkin, CCXP
Customer Experience Transformist & Managing Partner
Co-founder, Customer Experience Professionals Association
Net Promoter Score, Net Promoter, and NPS are registered trademarks of Bain & Company, Satmetrix Systems, and Fred Reichheld.
Customer Experience Matters is a registered trademark of Temkin Group.