Volunteers cleaning Mazel Day School of Brighton Beach, Brooklyn after the mess left by Superstorm Sandy.
In the past couple of weeks, we have seen the devastation caused by Superstorm Sandy on entire communities, institutions, homes, and families. What we have also witnessed is ordinary citizens doing extraordinary things to help victims of the storm. However, for some the path toward recovery is still a long one.
Many Jewish Day Schools and Yeshivot were hit hard by the storm. Some schools have incurred major damage and are still uninhabitable. Others have reopened their doors but many families can no longer afford the tuition after the storm's destruction, causing schools to suffer further.
JChoice: A Tzedakah Social Network
Today, we are asking you to participate in an initiative using our collective strength and resources to donate to these hard hit schools though an online Jewish giving tool called JChoice. Through this new initiative, there is now a donation page titled Path to Recovery from Hurricane Sandy, which will be updated regularly with specific needs of schools. This website enables and empowers individuals, communities and institutions to give to specific Jewish Day Schools and Yeshivot affected by the storm. Please donate directly to the schools by clicking on their logos on the right hand side of the page.
Join the cause page to donate or stay informed.
Together, we can help our schools reach their goals.
Please share this website with your social networks. Check out sample social media posts below that you can use to help us spread the word.
This initative is a collaboration of The Jewish Education Project, UJA-Federation of New York, PEJE, and JChoice.
For more information, contact Irene Lehrer Sandalow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support.
Sample Language to Promote this Initiative using Social Media:
- Help Jewish Day Schools and Yeshivot recover from Hurricane Sandy. It's a long road to recovery; every dollar contributed will help schools get back on their feet. http://bit.ly/WvL0FD
- Is your school, organization, community looking to support schools recovers from Hurricane Sandy? Check out http://bit.ly/WvL0FD
- "Everything was destroyed. From books to desks, computers to office equipment, nothing is salvageable. Everything we built during our fifty years of existence was stripped away in the matter of a few hours." -Rabbi Tomsky, principal Yeshiva BitaHon. Help with the recovery today http://bit.ly/WvL0FD
- Sandy Recovery is far from over. Help Day Schools & Yeshivot get back on their feet @JewishEd @UJAfedNY http://bit.ly/WvL0FD
- "From books to desks, computers to office equipment, nothing is salvageable." Help #JDS recover from #Sandy @JewishEd http://bit.ly/WvL0FD