Participants will check-in for the event at the blue tents setup in the parking lot of the Explore Park Visitor Center. At check-in participants will receive their event t-shirts, hiking bags, directions and a wrist band. Participants will choose from two different self-guided hiking routes
(easy and intermediate)
to lead them to the main event area.
There will be golf carts available to help those with mobility difficulties down to the main event area and there will also will be volunteers posted along the hiking routes to answer questions or offer assistance.
The main event will include:
- Live Bluegrass music by the talented Easter Divide Band
- Lunch off the grill (burgers, hotdogs, veggie burgers and chips) and ice cream catered by Hethwood Market
- Games including jumbo jenga, cornhole, and more
- Face painting by Casey of Face Case Body Art.
- Yoga Demos by Debbie Stevens of 108 Yoga Works.
- Vendors from Good Samaritan Hospice's Complementary Therapy Program:
*Massage Therapy with MaryAnn Walker, CMT, of Radiance Wellbeing
*Massage Therapy with Maureen Meagher, CMT
*Music Therapy with Sally Walker, Certified Music Therapist
- Memorial ceremony with dove release at end of event
Participants will be able to come and go as they please from the main event area. Here are lots of trails throughout Explore Park. So after the initial hike into the main event and after enjoying a filling lunch with all the festivities, feel free to EXPLORE! Food will be served at the main event area throughout the entirety of the event time.
Please note, dogs are unfortunately NOT allowed to attend Roanoke County sponsored events.
There will be a few picnic tables and some seating options at the main event area, but participants are also encouraged to bring picnic blankets with them to sit and relax with their meal as they enjoy the bluegrass band and festivities!
Volunteers at the event will be wearing neon green t-shirts. If any participant should have a question during the event please seek out a volunteer with a neon green t-shirt.