As of today, we are thrilled that 60% of our parent community has made a donation to LPIE for the 2015-2016 school year. Now, we'd love to encourage the other 40% to join in and contribute!
While the state provides 73% of the Lafayette School District's (LAFSD) budget and 71% of the Acalanes Union High School District's (AUHSD) budget (through the Local Control Funding Formula, the lottery and one-time funds this year), and our local parcel taxes provide 13% to LAFSD and 16% to AUHSD,
only with your help is LPIE able to provide necessary funds to help bridge the gaps that remain.
We're all in the same boat. We all pay our state and local parcel taxes, and in order to give our kids an exceptional education...we ALL need to support LPIE. All 100% of us!
If you have not had a chance to donate yet, please consider donating or making a pledge before the end of the year. The money raised this year is being used at your school--THIS SCHOOL YEAR. The suggested donation is $800 per student. Payments can be spread over the school year.
If you are unable to donate the full amount, please consider giving what feels appropriate for your family. Any gift sends the message that you believe in the power of LPIE.
to read about the donation levels, payment options and to make a gift or pledge today!
Without you, we may fall short of our financial obligation to our six schools this year.
Your donations will help fund technology, programs, core curriculum and training that would otherwise be underfunded or discontinued:
- Classroom aides in TK-5
- Educational technology (iPads, chrome books, computer labs) in all six schools
- Diverse elective choices at Stanley Middle School and Acalanes High School
- Science instruction and supplies
- LPIE-delivered science, art & social science classes
- Professional development including Columbia University Teachers College Reading & Writing Workshop, the Language Arts Conference at Asilomar and Silicon Valley Math Initiative training
- Highly qualified music instructors and mentors in all six schools
- Counseling and health education in K-8
- 18 sections (classes) at Acalanes to ensure smaller class sizes and diverse election choices
LPIE has been supporting our children since kindergarten (now TK, too), and will be there through graduation. Please help ensure that we can provide our schools with the tools needed to offer the education that our community has come to expect.
President, Lafayette Partners in Education
P.S. If you have any questions about LPIE and the benefits we provide, please do not hesitate to contact me!