Come to the Toronto Boat Show
Support the Canadian Sailing Team!
The preview night of the Toronto Boat Show, Friday January 13th 2012, offers patrons an opportunity to see the show without the hassle of large weekend crowds while supporting the Show's chosen charities. In addition to Ontario Sailing's Access Boom programme and the Toronto Star Fresh Air Fund, this year's proceeds will also help Canada's watersports athletes at the 2012 Olympic Games. Canada Sailing Team members, including Olympic qualifier Tyler Bjorn, will be in attendance.
The Preview will also feature one of the two new VSR coach boats purchased by CYA in support of our team members. Specifically designed and built for sailing coaches and new to Canada, the VSRs are powered by Mercury engines and commissioned for CYA by North Country Marine. Immediately after the appearance at the show, the VSR will be on its way to Florida to support the Canadian Sailing Team at the Miami Olympic Classes Regatta.
Also at the show, CYA will sign a Memorandum of Understanding with the Canadian Wildlife Federation. The MoU recognises the shared interest in the health of our rivers lakes and oceans and the special connection that sailors have to habitats and wildlife. The CWF, through its Sail for Wildlife Programme, is a keen supporters of sailing through their partnership with the 2012 Transat Quebec Saint-Malo. The MoU will allow CYA and CWF to develop further partnerships in this area.
The preview will allow patrons to:
- Celebrate the boating lifestyle while visiting over 550 marine exhibits
- Surpass expectations with an amazing way to shop the show
- Support charities with 100% of the evening's proceeds being donated
- Preview the entire show without large weekend crowds
- Visit the Food and bar stations throughout the show floor (delicious cuisine, three drink tickets per person for beer and wine)
- Enjoy live musical entertainment
- Participate in a Live auction
- View over 100 silent auction items
- Get free General Admission ticket to return to the show any other day (January 14 - 22, 2012)
Purchase Tickets here Toronto Boat Show Tickets
Since 2000, the Special Preview Night has raised more than $560,000 in the past 10 years for boating-affiliated charities.
Follow the success of the Canadian Sailing Team:
Official CST Facebook Page