Bi-weekly Member Newsletter
September 22, 2017
Keep up-to-date with the latest legislative and regulatory news. Visit
newsletters here. Send your suggestions and questions to
Stay up-to-date on where IACP's Executive Vice President Cynthia Blankenship, Esq. is traveling, and set-up meetings or come by and say hi! We want to hear from you!
Next on Cynthia's speaking engagement list:
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Compounding Expert Committee (CEC), Rockville, Md., September 29, 2017*
- PCCA 2017 International Seminar, Houston, TX, October 4-7, 2017
- NCPA Annual Convention, Orlando, Fla., October 14-18, 2017
- IACP's Educational Conference, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., January 24-27, 2017
- United States Pharmacopeia (USP) Compounding Expert Committee (CEC), April 2018
* IACP EVP Cynthia Blankenship has been appointed as the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) delegate representing IACP. The delegate is invited to attend the USP five-year meeting in 2020 and the twice per year Compounding Expert Committee (CEC) meeting as an observer.
IACP Initiatives - A Report Card!
Keep tuning in to
IACP's Executive Vice President (EVP) Cynthia Blankenship's Member Initiatives
to see where we're making progress and what we're checking off the list! You asked IACP for several key changes - and we're making them! IACP is in the midst of reviewing & revitalizing ALL of our current programs. We want to ensure we're completely in tune with our membership, providing you with what you need. Do you have suggestions or questions? Please email
Call for IACP Board of Directors Nominations!
IACP's Call for Nominations and the Election Cycle for the Board of Directors are now open!
IACP needs YOU
! YOU are instrumental to the success of IACP and to compounding. Please consider joining the IACP Board of Directors, today! The Bylaws of IACP set forth an open election process with nominations for candidates accepted directly from the membership.
This year, there are
seven Board of Directors' seats including the position of IACP Vice President
more detailed information, including candidate eligibility and term length for each board position, and a Nomination Form!
Nominations are due
by October 12, 2017
Let's Keep the Momentum Going - please Contribute to IACP's One Fund
We need your help Today!
Make the donation
that will help preserve patient access to compounded medications and help support
IACP's HR 2871
IACP is working to Protect, Promote & Advance Pharmacy Compounding.
IACP's Membership Survey is Out!
IACP is seeking your input on our programs, services, products, and demographics about your practice. IACP values our members and your feedback! We will use YOUR feedback to shape not only the direction of IACP, but also the resources IACP provides, our communications to you, and our events!
to complete the survey.
IACP will be keeping in touch with you and regularly engaging your opinions. And, most importantly - communicating back to you the changes we're making based on your opinions.
IACP Extends Membership Drive!
Sign Up your Staff for 25% off NEW IACP Memberships. Share this with Your Colleagues!
Due to the incredible number of members to join IACP during the membership drive and the interest expressed, IACP has extended our membership drive! Thank you to all the new IACP members and to the current IACP members that have shared their testimonials about what value they receive from IACP. YOU made these efforts a success! Thank you for your membership!
Use code CCH25
Interested in Serving on an IACP Committee? IACP is looking for members who want to participate on our various IACP committees! IACP has a Committee for every type of skillset, and we would love to have your expertise! IACP is membership driven and depends on the voices on the Committees to help set the path and agenda of the Academy. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you want to Get Involved!
Let's Keep the Momentum Going!
IACP/Compounding In the News
* FDA is going against congressional intent and potentially running afoul of the law by quietly killing its earlier plans to implement portions of the Drug Quality and Security Act (DQSA), a drug industry attorney tells Inside Health Policy . The attorney explains that by putting a number of compounding rules on the inactive list of the most recent regulatory agenda, FDA's controversial interim policy that allows 503B outsourcing facilities to compound a number of ingredients indefinitely until FDA says otherwise.
* FDA will release guidance within two months green lighting certain office-use compounding, so long as those 503A pharmacies register as 503B outsourcing facilities, and in exchange these compounders will be subject to "more tailored" manufacturing standards, an agency spokesperson tells Inside Health Policy . The level of 503B Good Manufacturing Practice requirements imposed on this new category of compounders -- which one lobbyist deemed "503B-lite" -- will depend on the size of the firm, an agency spokesperson tells Inside Health.
The International Academy of Compounding Pharmacists along with the DQSA Coa
lition hosted a
at the Rayburn U.S. House of Representatives Office Building in Washington, D.C.
The Objective: to continue ed
ucating on the vital need to support patient safety and access to life-saving medications. The panel urged Members of Congress to cosponsor HR 2871: The Preserving Patient Access to Compounded Medications Act of 2017, the bipartisan legislation introduced by Congressmen Morgan Griffith (VA) and Henry Cuellar (TX). The panel shared patients' stories, urged Congress to preserve patient access to vital compounded medications, and discussed the importance of implementing the Drug Quality & Security Act as Congress fully intended.
We were thrilled to host Members of Congress, staff and Capitol Hill-based media reporters, and provided an HR 2871 briefing and information packet (background documents and supporting documents) to all attendees. Read more here!
We Now Have 29 HR 2871 Cosponsors! Let's Keep Increasing Support! Has Your Representative Signed On? Sending a direct communication
to your Representative will only take a few minutes with IACP's easy-to-use Voter Voice action alert platform.
will help protect access to compounded medications on which your patients rely. It will help clarify the
Drug Quality & Security Act (DQSA)
in a way that will better align the statute with congressional intent and most importantly,
better balance public safety and patient access.
IACP MEMBERS: We NEED your patient stories - how have compounded medications helped your community? Patient stories are key to communicating the value and necessity of compounded medications! Please email
Dagmar Anderson Climo, VP of IACP Communications.
State Advocacy -
IACP is Your Resource for Compounding State Legislative and Regulatory Tracking!
Be sure to
for the latest activity in your state.
ACP Keeps You Up to Date in Your STATE! IACP is ramping up all State efforts to not only track all State legislative and regulatory action, but also to let you know of opportunities to comment on State action! IACP is drastically ramping up efforts to comment on State action impacting compounding! Stay tuned to your email for frequent state updates.
State Event - California Council for the Advancement of Pharmacy Third Annual CE & Networking Event
, Sunday, October 7 & 8, 2017 - More information
Grassroots Advocacy -
Tell Your Patients and Providers to sign up for the
P3 Patient Advocacy Website
Patient Advocacy efforts make a real difference. That's why we need our IACP members' help to encourage more people to Join P3 and to Share their Stories! So many of our own IACP members have joined the P3 effort. Share this resource with everyone in your communities - your patients, your providers, your staff, your friends and family.
Your Patients and Providers are Asking their Representatives to Support HR 2871!
Encourage your patients and providers to visit
P3's Patient Advocacy Website
. Advocates can instantly send a direct message to their Congressional Representatives, asking them to cosponsor the bipartisan legislation, HR 2871. Visit
P3's Patient Advocacy Website
. It's easy to use and will only take a few minutes to send an important HR 2871 message to Congress.
IACP MEMBERS: We NEED your patient stories to feature on the P3 website
- how have compounded medications helped your community? Please email
Dagmar Anderson Climo, VP of IACP Communications
Corporate Member Spotlight: PCCA
October 4-7 | Houston, Texas
It all comes back to innovation at this year's International Seminar. Clinical advances, breakthrough products, trailblazing education and networking that grows the know - it's all happening at compounding's can't-miss event.
New location at the Marriott Marquis Houston, featuring a rooftop Texas-shaped pool and lazy river!
Innovative speakers and topics. Learn new ideas to expand your areas of practice.
Workshop variety with 12 topics to choose from.
Personal growth and development time. Your chance to enjoy whatever it is that makes you happy.
* Earn up to 12.5 hours of CE
IACP Educational Conference
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach
Fort Lauderdale, Fla
January 24-27, 2018! #EduCon2018
Registration is OPEN for IACP's
! Come join us to obtain CE by the Sea! Make plans to attend IACP's Educational Conference in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, January 24-27, 2018! Enjoy southern Florida's soothing coastal ambience at the gorgeous Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach with every hotel room providing a gorgeous ocean view!
More details here
IACP's Presidents Annual Gala
- IACP will be premiering our First Presidents Annual Gala during the Educational Conference on Friday, January 26, 2018 at 7:30 p.m. in the Infinity Ballroom at the Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach. Meet the new IACP Executive Vice President Cynthia Blankenship, Esq., and witness the installation of the IACP Board of Directors Officers! Enjoy an exquisite three-course meal, with your choice of Seared Sirloin Steak with Zinfandel Shallot Reduction, Petit Filet with Herb Grilled Jumbo Shrimp, Grilled Salmon with a Roasted Garlic-Lime Emulsion, or a delicious Vegetable Pad Thai. One complimentary drink ticket and live entertainment will be included with your Gala reservation. Tickets can be purchased during registration. Corporate Members: Please Contact IACP's
for exciting sponsorship opportunities!
Save the Date for #CCH2018!
June 23-26, 2018
999 Ninth Street NW
Washington, DC 20001
The 24th Annual
Compounders on Capitol Hill (CCH)
will be held June 23-26, 2018 at the Renaissance Washington DC Downtown Hotel! With more than 400 expected attendees,
Compounders on Capitol Hill brings together the top-level compounding pharmacists and technicians from across the country with the same goal - to protect pharmacy compounding.
Network! Reconnect with friends and meet new colleagues
who share your passion and interest in protecting, promoting and advancing pharmacy compounding!
IACP Compounder Calendar
IACP's Compounder Calendar is your one-stop resource for all things compounding! Compounder Calendar provides a comprehensive listing of compounding events and continuing education programs.
IACP Foundation Update
The IACP Foundation's 2018 Board of Directors Nominations Opening Soon! More information and the nomination form will be available on Monday, October 2, 2017. The IACP Foundation is looking for interested candidates passionate about providing education to providers, patients and pharmacists about the importance of compounded medications and working with pharmacy students.
Fund the Future! Next week the IACP Foundation will be announcing the Fund the Future program for pharmacy students interested in compounding. Fund the Future helps the IACP Foundation bring pharmacy students to the IACP Educational Conference where they are able to interact with IACP & IACP Foundation board members, attendees, exhibitors and speakers. This is an amazing opportunity to show these students what compounding and being involved in pharmacy organizations is all about!