This course is designed to equip the investigator
with the tools and techniques necessary to
successfully investigate sex crimes.
Sex crimes exact a heavy toll upon our victims and communities. These cases are inherently complex and pose unique problems for any detective. It takes a highly skilled investigator to catch these offenders and build solid cases for the prosecution.
Through the combined use of lecture, videos, and table top discussions, the instructor will deliver in-depth training with special emphasis on:
Understanding Sex Crime Dynamics
* Psychology of a Sex Offender
* Motivations & Patterns of Behavior
* Offender Typology
* Approach & Theme Development
* "Specific" Questions to Ask
* How to Increase Your Confession Rates
Communication Skills of an Investigator
* Victim & Witness Interview Techniques
* Dealing with Inconsistent Statements
* Leveraging the 4 Question Types in Your Interview
Special Problems for Sex Crime Investigators
* Family Dynamics & Dysfunction
* "Counter-Intuitive" Victim Behavior
* Defense Methods Used to Attack Your Case, and
* Getting Your Prosecutor To Take Your Difficult Cases!
Mark Booher served as a Deputy District Attorney the Fourth Judicial District in Washington County, Arkansas. As an experienced trial attorney, Mark has conducted numerous jury trials in cases involving murder, robbery, sex assault, and other crimes. He is also a Certified Law Enforcement Instructor and Certified Forensic Child Interviewer. Mark holds a Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Arkansas School of Law, and a Bachelors of Arts in Business Administration from Columbia College, where he graduated magna cum laude. He has taught extensively in the areas of criminal law and procedure and is a featured instructor for Training Force USA.
All members of the criminal justice and legal community (sworn and non-sworn).
- Village Council Room
226 Cypress Lane
Palm Springs, Florida 33461
DATES & TIMES:
· Thursday, March 29, 2018
· Class starts at 8:30 AM Sharp - and ends at 5:00 PM (Local Time)
$199 per person
· Please follow the page prompts for quick, easy registration and confirmation.
· Check made payable to:
TRAINING FORCE USA
3681 Loma Farm Road
Tallahassee, FL 32309
· Purchase Order
· Credit Card payment made online at
CANCELLATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS:
· Upon submission of this registration, participants are responsible
for payment of this course
· Please note that if you do not attend, you are still responsible for
· Substitutions may be made at any time by phone, e-mail or online
at the registration site.
Claude A. Pichard, Training Force USA