Order Now and Get Free Stuff!
316 pages of lessons, advice, inspiration and examples that will guide your cause marketing success. That's the best way my co-author, Joanna MacDonald, and I can describe Cause Marketing for Dummies, a new addition to the For Dummies series.
Joanna and I were clear on why we wanted to write this book. We wanted to share what we had learned developing a successful cause marketing program for a nonprofit that wasn't a Komen or St. Jude or Product Red, and that didn't work with the likes of Walmart, Coca Cola and Nike.
We worked at a local nonprofit and partnered with ordinary companies that were nonetheless committed to giving back to their communities - and looking for creative ways to do so.
That's what Cause Marketing for Dummies is all about.
To bring small companies and nonprofits together for win-win partnerships, we focused on three key themes in the book.
- Traditional cause marketing. Coin canisters, pinups, percentage of sales, shopping days, etc. These are the tactics that will develop, build and sustain your cause marketing program. We cover them in detail and give you lots of examples of how we grew our program with them and developed our best practices for nonprofits and businesses. We made all the mistakes, learned from them and raised millions of dollars for our organization. Come learn from us!
- Cause marketing 2.0. In addition to traditional tactics, we investigated and experimented with all sorts of new digital programs that causes and companies could use. Facebook likes, Twitter hashtags, group-buying sites, Quora and online contests are just some of the tactics we used. We share our advice and experience with each of them and chart a course for your success.
- The future of cause marketing. The future of cause marketing is inextricably bound to an emerging technology: smartphones and mobile technology, which promise to change cause marketing forever. Location-based services like Foursqure, QR codes and even text messaging will lead the way in nonprofit and company partnerships. Our book brings you up to speed and prepares you for the upcoming mobile revolution in cause marketing.
Are you ready? Good! Here's how to get your copy of Cause Marketing for Dummies AND some free stuff too.
- Visit our book page. There you'll learn how to get access to (1) two cause marketing recordings with me direct from the leading organization for cause marketers, Cause Marketing Forum, (2) a great tips sheet on 7 Copywriting Mistakes Cause Marketers Make (3) a special invitation to an October webinar with Joanna and me: 10 More Cause Marketing Tricks, Tools & Tactics. You get all these for FREE when you buy the book and send your receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joanna and I want to thank everyone who helped us reach this goal of publishing our first book! Our email readers are our biggest supporters. Thank you!
- Visit Amazon and review the book. The first 20 reviewers will get a coupon code for $83 off (83 to commemorate the year of the first cause marketing promotion between American Express and the nonprofit restoring the Statue of Liberty!) You'll save more than 50 percent off the $149 price tag for the next session of Six Figure Cause Marketing. This is the ultimate cause marketing experience! You'll combine the lessons of the book with hands-on training and access to Joanna and me. Just drop us an email at email@example.com after you post your review on Amazon and we'll send you the code!