Spring is here...Let us show you how to properly clean your windows without damaging them.
Most vinyl and wood grain windows are similar and very easy to clean. Below are the proper instructions to clean your double hung window. You can also watch Fran Beaulieu show you how to properly clean them.
1. Unlock your windows
2. Open the bottom sash (window) upward approximately 6-8 inches.
3. Squeeze both latches on the top sash inward and the window should detach from frame
4. Hold the sash and bring it down until it is against below the window frame.
5. Wipe down the window with a glass cleaner product such as Windex and a soft cloth or paper towel. Do not use any hard or sharp object to clean the glass as you might scratch it.
6. Pull down the top sash approximately 4-5 inches
7. Squeeze both latches on the top sash inward and bring down the window
8. Wipe the window down with glass cleaner and a soft cloth
9. After cleaning windows, lift the top sash window first and close the window until you hear the snaps. Follow the same steps for your bottom sash
10. Lock windows for safety
How to properly remove screens:
1. Screens have springs on either side of the screen, push the screen sideways until the screen comes out
3. Clean screen with warm water and soap
4. Do not use any abrasive products to clean as it will rip the screen
5. When finished, push the screen from the springs side back inside the lip where the screen belongs and it should be easy for you to slide the other side in
We hope this will help. If you run into any problems. Give us a call.