Our Miami HEAT have won the 2012 NBA Championships
and Now it is time to Celebrate!
Tomorrow, Monday, June 25th, the Miami HEAT will host a championship parade. The parade's one-way route starts at S.W. 8th Street @ S.W. 2nd Avenue in Brickell at 11am. The parade caravan will head north on Brickell Avenue, across the bridge, curve right onto Biscayne Boulevard and will head North on Biscayne Boulevard. The parade route will end at the AmericanAirlines Arena (N.E. 8th Street) at 12:30pm.
Parade-goers are encouraged to spread out along the entire route.
See the parade route map below:
The City of Miami announced Friday that the following parking lots will be open at 7am on Monday for parade-goers:
- Along Biscayne Boulevard, between N.E. 4th and 1st Streets, Lot 19 ($20)
- Chopin Plaza, area of Hotel InterContinental Miami, Lot 20 ($20)
- Old Port Boulevard, adjacent to north side of Bayside Marketplace, Lot 301 ($20)
- Adrienne Arsht Center, off N.E. 13th Street and 2nd Avenue, Lot C ($20)
- College Station Garage, off N.E. 3rd Street and 2nd Avenue, Garage 3 ($15)
For fans who want to take public transportation to the parade, the City of Miami has issued a revised transit schedule for Metrorail Service and Metromover Service. For complete details, click here.
Due to road closures in the Downtown Miami and Brickell areas, several Metrobus routes will be detoured, including routes 3, 11, 77, C and S.