National Small Business Week
, a chance for us to celebrate entrepreneurs and small business owners in our region. These businesses are the backbone of our local and national economy. Did you know two-thirds of our Chamber member businesses have 10 or fewer employees, and half of our members have 5 or fewer employees? On a national level, small businesses create two out of every three jobs in the U.S.
The Chamber offers many resources for small business owners and employees to grow their bottom line AND to grow as leaders - including marketing, networking, and advocacy opportunities.
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you are looking for a new idea to expand your customer base or need assistance with a business problem. If we don't know the answer, chances are we know someone who does!
Artist Reception & Exhibit Opening
Monday, May 7, 2018
MacNider Art Museum
303 Second Street SE | Mason City
Enjoy hors d'oeuvers and a beverage while meeting the artists who created sculptures for the 2018-19 exhibit.
Installation of the new sculptures will take place Tuesday, May 8.
o weeks left to register for our fantastic trip to
, August 23-September 3! Take a look at the list of highlights below, then
for a detailed itinerary.
- Explore Frank Lloyd Wright famous architectural designs, such as Jiyu Gakuen Myonichikan and the Imperial Hotel Entrance at Miho Museum
- Hike a portion of Mt. Fuji and enjoy the spectacular view
- Discover the modern metropolis of Tokyo
- Experience the serenity of Japanese temples and gardens
- Visit the Imperial Palace Plaza, home to the Japanese Emperor
- Cruise on Lake Ashi in charming Hakone
- Travel by high-speed bullet train to Kyoto
- Tour Kyoto's shrines and temples
- Spot Geisha in Gion
- Relax in Hakone's hot spring baths
- Stay in a ryokan, a traditional Japanese Inn
- Take part in in a Japanese tea ceremony
- Partake in Japanese culinary experience Chanko Nabe dinner (sumo soup)
for more information or to register.
Take this quick survey to help us decide which destinations we should offer next!
Register for College Connections
Get your summer interns connected to North Iowa! Take advantage of our free summer intern program,
College Connections will provide a series of social and educational activities each Thursday this summer, June 7 - July 26.
your summer intern(s) for FREE, today! Businesses who are not Chamber members are also encouraged to participate; the fee for non-members is $100. Please contact
Thank you to our 2018 sponsors:
Try a breakfast challenge this week! "Shake up, your wake up" with these
five healthy breakfasts
. A healthy meal in the morning is very important for your cognitive functions, energy levels and long-term health. Read more about why breakfast is important in
Mason City Chamber of Commerce
9 N Federal Ave
Mason City, IA 50401
P: (641) 423-5724
F: (641) 423-5725
The mission of the Mason City Chamber of Commerce is to promote progressive community and economic development to benefit Chamber members and the North Iowa region.