|There will be two (2) additional sign-up meetings at Mt. Olive Lutheran Church located at 80th & Holdrege on Wednesday May 22nd and Wednesday May 29th.|
New to Summer Detasseling?
Who Can Detassel?
- Anyone 12 years and older.
What is the Job?
- Working hard detasseling seed corn for Pioneer Seed Company for approximately 14 to 24 days.
Where do I sign up?
- Mt. Olive Lutheran Church at 80th & Holdrege on Wednesday May 22nd from 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
For additional sign-up dates, please see list to the left.
***You Must Attend One Meeting***
How Do I Sign-up?
- Attend one of the sign-up meetings.
- Bring one of your parents or guardians with you.
- You don't need to stay for the informational portion of the meeting if you are a returnee.
What Will Happen at the Sign-Up Meeting?
- There will be 5 forms to fill out.
- If under 18, a parent and/or guardian needs to be with you to help sign some of the forms.
- If you are returning, no ID is required.
- If new, you will need to bring 1 form of ID (i.e. social security card, birth certificate or US Passport).
- If 18 or over, you will need to bring 2 forms of ID one of which must be a photo ID.
-If you want direct deposit for your pay, bring both the routing number and account number as well as a voided check for a checking account deposit.
***It's also very important that you bring the original form of ID AND a photocopy (both front and back of the ID).***
There will be two way travel pay again this season. You will be paid on your ride to the fields and on the ride back to Lincoln.
Refer a Friend to Detassel
If you would like to work with friends, please make a referral by giving us their contact information by using this form. You can also forward this email to your friends.
We hope to see you at one of the new sign-up meetings.