Every Lenten season, we prepare for Easter by walking through the stories of Jesus's life in the Godly Play series,
The Faces of Easter. This past Sunday we enjoyed the story of the baptism of Jesus.
1. I wonder what your favorite part of this story is.
*When Jesus was born because I like that part (grade 1)
*The cross because he has the cross on his face (g1)
*John was confused and thought Jesus should baptize him (g1)
*John the Baptist (g2)
*When Jesus was with the priest (g2)
*When John baptized Jesus (g3)
*When the dove came down (g3, 5)
*John eating locusts and honey, Jesus being baptized by John (g4)
*This is my own son and I am well pleased (g4)
*Heaven opening up (g4)
*John the Baptist - looking like a scary person (g5)
2. I wonder what the most important part of the story is.
*The dove because heaven is really important and the dove reminds me of heaven (g1)
*Baptism (g2, 3,4)
*The dove (g2)
*When he went (away) for forty days (g2)
3. I wonder what God can teach us from this story.
*It's important to love instead of hate. Jesus loves and doesn't hate (g1)
*No matter if you're really special, you can get baptized (g2)
*We can get baptized just like Jesus did (g3)
4. I wonder where you are in this story- what part of the story is meant for you or about you.
*The priest because I can talk to the priest (g1)
*When Jesus is talking with the priests (g2)
*I would be in a tree watching the baptism (g2)
*Getting baptized (g3)
5. God and the Holy Spirit gave Jesus a blessing. I wonder what a blessing is. I wonder if you've ever been given a blessing and how that felt. I wonder if you've ever given anyone else a blessing.
*I gave a member of my family a blessing because their house burned down so I blessed them with a prayer (g1)
*Blessings make you feel the way you are supposed to feel (g1)
*I've been given tons of blessings by my friends, teachers... (g2)
*My mom gave me a blessing when I broke my arm (g2)
*A blessing means a miracle (g2)
*A blessing is a gift (g3)
*God has given us many blessings (g3)
*Helping other people (g3)
*Operation Inasmuch (is a way to give blessings) (g5)
See more photos on our Facebook page!