Nearing the end of 2011, most of our Advisors are not only running annual client reviews, but also reviewing their business structure, revenue, marketing plan and mapping their calendars and production goals for 2012. The best way to ensure you exceed your goals is to proactively go into next year with a solid marketing plan based on results of 2011, ensuring your business runs like a business. This can be defined by allocating resources to the most profitable marketing channels according to ROI. Based on many of the conversations we are having, many of our top Advisors' greatest marketing resource is actually their existing client base. However, many of their year-end reviews have revealed that the bulk of their marketing money was spent on seminars for new clients instead of creating a system that allows their "biggest fans" to introduce them to their friends, family and colleagues.
The statistics below from a study of 750 high net-worth individuals with at least $500K of investable assets tell much of the story...
The majority of our top producers are running monthly or quarterly client social events. This can be a very powerful opportunity to leverage your existing client base. Regular client appreciation events will provide an avenue for your best clients to introduce you to others that can benefit from your services.
(CLICK HERE for a great referral script to pair with client events).
One of our Advisors tracked the results of his monthly events in 2011 very closely, and the results were unbelievable: Costs of under $3,000, and generation of over $110,000 in commissions! Below I have outlined the six implementation steps he used for this client appreciation event.
- Setup & layout your calendar with the venue
- Callout to "A" and "A+" Clients
- Send email invitations monthly through Constant Contact (or other email service) with information to RSVP clients/guests for the event
- Turn prospects into appointments with Feedback Card
- Track your results
- Send monthly recap & invitation to next month's event through email service
Our Advisor's Results
- At his first event, he had 8 clients and netted 0 referrals
- By the fourth event, he had 22 attending with 6 new referrals
- "Raving fans" have come to every event and see it as a fun challenge to bring new friends to each month's social
- $2700 total investment à over $110K additional commissions from NEW clients!
To walk through this very duplicable process just email me at email@example.com or call (866) 363-9595.
For financial professional use only - not for use with the public.