Looking for a great opportunity this summer? Come back to Oxford early and work as a MADE@Miami Peer Leader!
MADE@Miami is a three-day, pre-semester program which is now entering its 10th year. MADE is designed to bring together first year students of color, international students, and Miami Access scholars in order to prepare them for life at Miami. The program begins several days before the rest of the first-years arrive, allowing students to build relationships, learn about campus resources, and develop a stronger sense of self. MADE is organized around four values that matter to the Miami community: Mentoring, Achievement, Diversity, and Excellence. Along these lines, we endeavor to send two important messages: You belong here at Miami, and We are here for you.
MADE@Miami will take place from Tuesday, August 23rd to Thursday, August 25th 2016
Applicants for this position must be current Miami undergraduate students in good standing, enrolled in classes for Fall 2016, and have a minimum GPA of 2.5. Upon applying for this position, you give authorization to have your academic and judicial standings checked. If you have concerns about these qualifications, or feel that your GPA and/or record does not reflect your ability, please contact Yvania Garcia-Pusateri.
- Hourly wage of $8.10 for roughly 25 hours of work.
- Meal allowance for August 22nd - 25th
- Residence hall fees paid for the duration of MADE, if needed.
- Applicants must upload their cover letter and resume as well as fill out 2 supplemental questions
- Your cover letter should outline your interest in serving as Peer Leader, your leadership background and skills you bring to the program
All applications must be submitted by Friday, February 26th @ 5pm.
After review, applicants will be asked to participate in a Group Interview Process as well as Individual Interviews.