YgreneWorks completed a solar installation project at the Gateway Center in Chula Vista, California. This is the first and largest commercial project investing in solar energy using the PACE program within the city.
Let's take a look at the project below:
- Administrator: YgreneWorks
- Project Type: Solar installation for five-story business center
- Project Size: 1,054 Sun Power rooftop solar panels (15 inverters) generating 344+ kW of power
- Financing: Backed by more than $1.3+ million in PACE financing
- Project Goals:
- Energy usage reduction
- Tenant benefits
- Project Savings:
- 90% of required power supplied by solar
- 40% reduction in annual energy costs
"It's very gratifying to see a solar project of this magnitude come together and will certainly be an asset to the building, its tenants and the community as a whole. It's my desire to see this project become the catalyst for many future projects in the South Bay area."
- Jim Pieri, Gateway Center Owner
"Projects like this are key to reaching our environmental goals and ensuring clean air for current and future generations."
- Mary Casillas Salas, Mayor of Chula Vista