SR 89/Fanny Bridge Community Revitalization Project Construction/Road Updates for
June 13 - June 18, 2018
As construction season develops, please remember that Tahoe City and all businesses are open and accessible for everyone to enjoy. Thank you for your patience during construction.
Work will take place throughout the week, both day and night. Details:
- Night work is conducted Sunday thru Thursday from 8 p.m. - 9 a.m.
- Day work is conducted Monday thru Friday for road and drainage work. 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Bridge work is conducted Monday thru Saturday from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
*Expect up to 20-minute delays in the project area.
Construction Schedule Updates:
The construction contractor has the following tasks scheduled for this week:
- Time capsule in Wye roundabout will be removed and stored for future placement.
- Utility locating will take place throughout the project area. Expect traffic controls.
- Near the East roundabout located along West Lake Blvd near the entrance to the Transit Center prepare for drainage work to start.
- Near the West roundabout located along SR 89 coming into Tahoe from Truckee underground utilities will be installed along with a storm drain – most of the work occurs behind temporary barrier rail, however some flagging is necessary for connections.
- New Truckee River Bridge – construction work on both abutments – no traffic impacts.
- In front of Caltrans Maintenance yard, grading and work on the new paved shared-use path will be happening – work occurring behind temporary barrier rail.
- Grading will continue on the new SR 89 alignment – no traffic impacts.
- Southwest Gas will start work on the realignment.
- Storm drain work is planned this week at night.
Please Note that Traffic Control Includes:
- Normal temporary lane closures utilizing flaggers with a maximum 20-minute delay.
- Flaggers are located at parking lot entrances to allow access.
- No businesses will be blocked.
- At the West Roundabout (near the Caltrans Maintenance Yard) K-Rail has been placed with reduced lane widths to 11-ft – same configuration as last year. K-Rail for the East Roundabout (near the Transit Center entrance) will also reduce lane widths to 11 feet.
Shared-Use Paths for Cyclists and Pedestrians:
Detours will be set.
No paths will be closed.
STAY INFORMED AND SHARE WITH OTHERS:
Project construction hotline number:
775-589-5500 ext. 9
Project Lead Agency:
Central Federal Lands Highway Division of the Federal Highway Administration (CFLHD-FHWA)
Project Local Lead Agency:
Tahoe Transportation District (TTD)
Project Delivery Team:
CFLHD-FHWA, Tahoe Transportation District (TTD), Placer County, Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA), Caltrans, TCPUD, and the United States Forest Service (USFS)