We are counting our blessings and YOU are on the list!
Granted, the presidential election was a shock, and the results were not what we hoped they would be. However, there is so much for which we are thankful:
As a result of our hard work throughout the election season,
· 62% of all Dallas County voters voted a straight Democratic ticket;
· The majority of Dallas County voters voted for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton;
· Every single Democratic countywide candidate won;
· We picked up another state representative seat; and
· We kept Dallas County blue!
Throughout the year, the Dallas County Democratic Party (DCDP) broke fundraising and attendance records. We also hosted new programs and projects, including but not limited to:
· Creation and distribution of a Spanish-language voters' guide;
· Creation and distribution of an African-American voters' guide;
· Distribution of a Spanish-language video series;
· Sponsorship of a county-wide Unity Rally and various neighborhood rallies; and
· Hosting of debate watch parties for every presidential debate.
And, of course, we continued the many fun and effective traditions established by our predecessors, for whom we are, indeed, grateful. These traditions, included:
· Leadership Council;
· The Coordinated Campaign;
· The Annual Fish Fry;
· The Annual Labor Day Picnic; and
· The Annual Johnson-Jordan Dinner, at which David Axelrod was our keynote speaker.
For 2017, we have big plans, and we need your support and participation to be successful. In addition to laying the groundwork for big wins in the mid-term election of 2018, we are working on a Democratic Leadership Institute to train our future leaders, as well as the formation of a North Texas Coalition in order to more effectively cooperate and strategize with our neighboring counties. Please help us make this happen. During the Thanksgiving holidays, please make a donation to the DCDP to support these programs, old and new. If you prefer to make monthly contributions, you can become a Sustaining Member. Either way, your support will help us do our job, keeping Dallas County blue and working to help more Democrats win. Thank you.
Carol Donovan, Chair
Dallas County Democratic Party