We are very excited about the Inaugural Peroni Crawlin' Crab Half Marathon and 5k presented by Bon Secours In Motion coming up on October 7th!
Schedule of Events
Oct 5, 2012
4p - 8p Packet Pick Up and Registration
Hampton Roads Convention Center
October 6, 2012
10a - 6p Packet Pick Up and Registration - HRCC
October 7, 2012
6:30a - 8a Packet Pick Up (no race day registration) - HRCC
8a Half Marathon Start
8:15a 5k Start
9a - 2p Post Race Party with live bands, Peroni Beer and Baker's
Crust Kickin' Corn and Crab Chowder
Here are some Captain Crabby tips to get you prepared for race weekend.
- Please check out your bib number here and write it down or print it off to pick up your race packet.
- Make sure you have your photo ID to pick up your race packet. If you are picking up a friend's packet, you must have a copy of his or her photo ID and a signed letter of permission to pick up the packet. Check out sample letter.
- Friday September 28, 2012 is the last date to defer your entry to the following year. If you need to defer your entry please click here to do so.
- Race start times are 8am for the Half Marathon and 8:15am for the 5k.
- Check out our recommended restaurants and hotels for travel information. Click Here
- Your race number is your ticket for free beer and Baker's Crust Kickin' Corn and Crab Chowder. Make sure it is visible for the volunteers to mark at the post race party.
- We have a very detailed FAQ section on our website. Most answers to your questions can be found on this page.
- Please donate your old Sneakers at the expo. There will be a collection box at the entrance to the expo for your old shoes. These shoes will be sent to developing countries to be reused and renewed to become affordable footwear for people in need.
New ID Check
You will need a wrist bracelet provided by the Peroni Crawlin' Crab Half Marathon and 5k in order to drink beer at the finish line festival. You can get this bracelet by showing us your ID at the expo (special ID Check booth) or at the finish line festival.
Beer is free (up to 3) for all eligible participants at the post-race party. Spectators with valid IDs can purchase beef from the Noblemen at the party site. All beer sale proceeds go to the Noblemen to benefit local children.
Latest news and contests!
Stay on top of the latest news and compete in great contests on the Peroni Crawlin' Crab Facebook page.
Make sure you like us while you are there :)
Catch the Bid Bus
Once you get to Hampton, there's no need to drive!
Catch the BID bus, a 27-passenger bus that will run on a 30-minute loop and will be available from noon to midnight on Friday and Saturday. This free bus ride will stop at the Crowne Plaza hotel, and the intersection of Armistead and Settler's Landing Road at Walgreens in downtown Hampton, and Embassy Suites and Town Square Park behind Barnes & Noble at Peninsula Town Center in Coliseum Central. **There is an added stop at Ft. Monroe'sParadise Ocean Club on Saturday from 8p - midnight.