Dear Friends and Neighbors:
Mayor Sylvester Turner has partially lifted the Citywide curfew that was initially implemented on August 30 to promote public safety within disaster-striken areas.
Today, September 5, 2017, Mayor Turner has lifted the curfew for the City of Houston, with the exception of portions of west Houston currently impacted by flooding.
The area still under curfew from midnight to 5:00 A.M. is:
- West of Gessner
- East of TX Hwy-6
- South of I-10/Katy Freeway
- North of Briar Forest Drive
This area remains under curfew until further notice.
The curfew does not apply to:
- Any portion of the City of Bunker Hill Village
- Those engaged in emergency response, as authorized by designated City officials
- Late shift workers
- Emergency volunteers traveling through the area
- People seeking medical attention or shelter
- People traveling through the city to a destination outside of the city
- Individuals who are on private property with permission from the owner, and who are not subject to a mandatory evacuation order.