Coming out of the summer months, have you thought of how to expand your skills and apply them to your everyday life
? Here are a few suggestions:
- Become a Club Ambassador: visit other clubs and share best practices. I would love to see everyone in District 101 visit at least one new club by the end of October 2018. You will benefit from it as much as the clubs you are visiting.
- Get involved in our new Fall event on October 27: the Fall Fusion; a fusion between a TLI and a District Conference. Contact Program Quality Director Pavan Datla for details.
- Organize an Open House in your club in September: grow your club’s membership and earn District Credit. Visit our website or contact Club Growth Director LoAn Nguyen for details.
- Spread the word about the benefits of Toastmasters and help start a new club. Every club was started by an individual (or a group of individuals), and you can be the one helping to spur communication and leadership skills in others.
- Learn all the steps to become a Distinguished Toastmaster (DTM) in the Traditional (legacy) Educational Program by attending this month’s GREAT Event.
- Club Presidents and VP Education will be representing your club during the District Business meeting held online on September 22 at 10 AM.
- Complete Educational goals (Manuals or Pathways Levels) to help your club become an Early Achiever.
As you can see, there are plenty of opportunities to meet other people and expand your comfort zone by going
Above and Beyond
September marks the time to renew our membership. Your club Treasurer might have contacted you regarding this. Help your club shine and become
by renewing early.
The Toastmasters International Convention took place last month where educational sessions were offered and the new
World Champion of Public Speaking
was crowned. Gopi Kallayil, our District 101 representative, brought home the trophy for 2nd place in his semifinal. Join me in congratulating him on such a great run.
Finally, kudos to all the clubs that had all 7 officers trained this summer. These
Lucky 7 Clubs
earned District Credit and are on track towards a successful year. A sincere thank you to all COT organizers, facility hosts and Trainers who helped make this season a reality. They have gone
Above and Beyond
to serve the clubs in the District.
As always, do not hesitate to reach out to any of us in the
District Leadership team
with any question; we are here to help you succeed.