Watch the 5-minute video of her remarks this morning.
Watch the KENS-TV report which includes Allan Parker's defense of Elisa Chan.
JUSTICE FOUNDATION DEFENDS CHAN'S RIGHT TO DISAGREE WITH PEDOPHILIA, BESTIALITY AND HOMOSEXUAL BEHAVIOR
Allan Parker, President of the San Antonio-based Justice Foundation, defends Councilperson Elisa Chan's statement which was attributed in the newspaper as being homophobic. These are natural reactions and legitimate points of view which as an American citizen, and as a Texan, she has a right to express and act upon. Her thinking should not be criminalized by the passage of the proposed city ordinance. The Justice Foundation offers her any assistance to protect her legal rights.
1. She stated she felt a natural disgust at some sexual perversions. Things such as sadomasochism, anal intercourse, dominance, etc. are viewed with disgust by many members of society. Their views should be tolerated and discussed openly, not criminalized.
2. She stated that children should not be raised by homosexual couples. While she respected the rights of consenting adults to participate in behavior they chose, who chooses for the child? Gay adoption is a modern social experiment and the social results are not in. A University of Texas professor has already stated that there can be damaging consequences. Whether it is good or bad, the child cannot give his or her consent; therefore it is human experimentation without consent.
3. The words of Councilperson Chan would be criminalized under this criminal ordinance. The proposed ordinance criminalizes the beliefs of the majority of Texans that marriage should be between a man and a woman, along with thousands of other acts of alleged discrimination against the homosexual, bi-sexual, transgendered and asexual community.
McManus Note: Finally, in God's Word, we read our Creator's mind found in Romans 1:24-27 which states, "Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised. Amen.
"Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error."
THE BIG PICTURE
It is anticipated that the San Antonio City Council will take up the proposed homosexual ordinance for the first time on Wednesday, August 28. If passed, the ordinance would set a dangerous precedent that could spread to other cities in Texas.
ACTION STEPS FOR ADAM'S ARMY:
1. Call San Antonio City Councilwoman Elisa Chan's office at 210-207-7325 and express your support for her support for traditional values.
2. Send San Antonio City Councilwoman Elisa Chan a 1-2 sentence long email of support: email@example.com.
3. Contact all the members of the San Antonio City Council and express your opposition to the proposed homosexual ordinance.
4. Send an email to all of the San Antonio City Council through the Texas Values website. 20,000 similar messages have been sent.
5. Send a letter to the San Antonio Express-News editor - preferably 2-5 sentences long - supporting San Antonio City Councilwoman Elisa Chan for stating that homosexual behavior is not genetic and for affirming traditional Judeo-Christian values. firstname.lastname@example.org. Maximum length: 200 words.
6. Read about the legal problems with the proposed homosexual ordinance.
7. Read the proposed homosexual ordinance itself.
You might recall that while I was KSLR's afternoon talk show host, I used that platform to speak out against Castro's decision to serve as Grand Marshall of the Sodomite Pride Parade. Watch the TV news story below.
|Adam McManus vs. San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro on Gay Pride Parade|
DO YOU KNOW WHAT'S LURKING IN YOUR WATER?
HAVE YOU EVER HAD IT TESTED?
If you knew you could rejuvenate your immune system without drugs, reverse and prevent disease, would you?
Bring a bottle of your tap water to have it tested on site. What long-term impact is the chlorine and fluoride in your tap water having on your body? Even bottled water has problems which you might be unaware of.
It's time to consider the better option of alkaline, ionized water. Change your water. Change your life.
Gary Sutton, a top nutritional expert to the Olympic and Pro Athletes will be the guest speaker on Sunday, August 25th from 4:00 - 6:00 pm at San Antonio's historic Bright Shawl located at 819 Augusta Street, San Antonio, Texas 78215. Doors open at 3:15 p.m.
For more information about becoming fully hydrated the way God meant you to be and to make reservations call Gary Sutton at 830-857-4290 or Elizabeth Anderson at 210-274-2209.
This event is free with the cost of dinner ($15).
This event will sell out!
CHRISTIE: HOMOSEXUALITY INNATE, NOT A SIN
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Republican who has opposed same-sex marriage, said that gay people are born that way and it is not a sin.
The statement was released as he signed a bill banning therapy that tries to change a minor's sexual orientation. Christie said such efforts pose "critical health risks including, but not limited to, depression, substance abuse, social withdrawal, decreased self-esteem and suicidal thoughts."
YOU COULD BE ONE OF 5 McMANUS NEWSLETTER READERS
TO WIN JERRY JENKIN'S LATEST BOOK I, SAUL
From multi-million copy best-selling novelist Jerry Jenkins comes a compelling international thriller that conveys you from present-day Texas to a dank Roman dungeon in A.D. 67, then down the dusty roads of ancient Israel, Asia, and back to Rome.
A young seminary professor, Augustine Knox, is drawn into a deadly race to save priceless parchments from antiquities thieves and discovers a two- thousand-year old connection with another who faced death for the sake of the truth. I, Saul consists of two riveting adventures in one, transporting you between the stories of Augustine Knox and Saul of Tarsus.
Filled with political intrigue, romance, and rich historical detail, I, Saul is a thrilling tale of loyal friendships tested by life-or-death quests, set two millennia apart, told by a master storyteller.
1. Buy Jerry Jenkin's book I, Saul.
2. If you are one of the first five to send me a compelling 2-10 sentence email at TalkRadioAdam@gmail.com about why you should win I, Saul, I will send you a FREE copy. Make sure to include your first and last name as well as your physical mailing address with zipcode.
PASTOR SET TO BURN 2,998 KORANS ON SEPTEMBER 11TH IN FLORIDA
Dr. Terry Jones has announced he will be burning 2,998 Korans on September 11 at a Mulberry property. The Koran is the Islamic religious book. He said he will burn one book for each life lost during the 9/11 attacks.
Dr. Jones said he has burned 3,000 Korans every September 11 since 2010.
The residents of Mulberry do not understand why Dr. Jones has chosen their town to raise awareness about Islam.
Read story and watch TV news story
NEED A HANDYMAN IN SAN ANTONIO?
Do what I did. Call Alamo City Handymen.
One of our guests broke our guest bed several weeks ago and I needed it fixed in a flash on a Saturday.
After calling at least 15 businesses listed on the internet to no avail, I finally stumbled across the website for Alamo City Handymen.
Not only did the owner David Palomo answer the call, but he fixed the bed just four hours later. And he had a great attitude and a smile. Now that is good, old fashioned service!
I'm not the only one impressed. Read their testimonials.
Plus, Alamo City Handmen offers kitchen and bathroom remodeling, home additions, carpentry, fencing, flooring, decks, painting, siding and any other handyman jobs you may need.
They are licensed, insured and an accredited member of the Better Business Bureau.
1. Call David Palomo of Alamo City Handymen at 210.535.1000. (Please tell him that Adam McManus sent you.)
'DUCK DYNASTY' STAR BLASTS ABORTION CULTURE:
'WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED TO US?'
In a video featuring Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson, the TV star - in what appears to be a sermon - declares his pro-life stance on the issue of abortion. When discussing the ethics of, and that there's even a debate on, the issue, he asks, "What in the world happened to us?"
"Listen, from the time you started inside your mother's womb, Thomas Jefferson had it right, you have the God-given right to life for crying out loud. You're this long (pointing to his finger). You're a week old inside your mother. They suck you out of there when you're about like that (point to finger again). You wouldn't be here tonight!
|Another reason to love the Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson! He's Pro-Life! :)|
"And, when you got to be the size of my thumb, they suck you out. You wouldn't be here. Then, you grow a little bigger, like my fist - and finally eight, nine months later you come out.
"And we debate whether it's a - some woman's right to tear you out of there a piece at a time! C'mon! You have a God-given right to live. And of all places, inside your mother - what in the world happened to us?"
DR. OZ HELPS NYC TOURIST WHOSE LEG WAS SEVERED BY RUNAWAY CAB
A tourist reportedly lost a leg when a cab jumped a curb and smashed into her in Rockefeller Center on Tuesday morning.
It happened at 49th and 6th Avenues at about 11:10 a.m.
Sources tell MyFoxNY.com that a cabbie had gotten into a road rage argument with a livery cab driver and the cars were trying to out run each other.
The cabbie apparently lost control and jumped the curb, hitting the woman who had been sitting on the fountain ledge.
Apparently, Dr. Mehmet Oz, saw the scene from an office window and raced to the scene to help the seriously injured victim, who was visiting from England.
A hot dog vendor reportedly helped pack her severed leg with ice to transport to the hospital.
LIKE FATHER, LIKE DAUGHTER; BABY GIRL BORN IN PARKING LOT
It was déjà vu for a Yorkville family last weekend, when Erica Pavlik went into labor and gave birth in a gas station parking lot.
WBBM Newsradio's Regine Schlesinger reports little Hannah Grace Mary Pavlik's father had been born in a parking lot too, almost 33 years to the day before his daughter's birth.
Frank Pavlik was born in the parking lot of the Louis Joliet Mall, unable to wait for his parents to make it to the hospital.
His daughter was just as eager to enter the world; as one day before Frank's 33rd birthday, Hannah was born in the parking lot of a gas station in southwest suburban Oswego, while Erica's mother was driving her to the hospital on Saturday.
Having given birth to two sons - and gone through a false labor during her second pregnancy - Erica figured she had plenty of time.