and LINCOLN PARISH SHERIFF'S OFFICE
PRISON RAPE and SEX ASSAULT INVESTIGATIONS
INSIDE CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES
AUGUST 30, 2018
RUSTON, LOUISIANA (Shreveport/MonroeAreas)
Crimes involving sexual assault create unique problems and challenges for investigators, especially when those crimes occur within the walls of a correctional facility. Identifying the nature of the sexual assault, the impact of inmate culture, and the complex nature of the investigation itself are just a few of the problems an investigator encounters when taking on a case involving prison or jailhouse rape. It takes a highly trained investigator to recognize and effectively gather the evidence necessary to successfully prosecute these offenders.
"Prison Rape and Sex Assault Investigations Inside Correctional Facilities is a criminal investigation course developed pursuant to PREA standards 115.34 & 115.71, requiring investigators receive specialized training for conducting sex abuse investigation in confined settings."
By use of print materials, videos, pictures, and accounts of events that have occurred, this course will provide the attendee with the specialized training needed to investigate sex crimes that occur inside a correctional facility.
Training will cover:
- Dynamics of Inmate Sexual Violence
- Understanding Offender Psychology and Behavior
- Suspect and Victim Interviews
- Elements of an Effective Investigation
- Anticipating the Suspect's Legal Defenses
- Effective Report Writing
- How to get your Prosecutor ONBOARD, and
- (PREA) Prison Rape Elimination Act Considerations
Mark Booher is a former Deputy District Attorney for the Fourth Judicial District in Washington County, Arkansas. As an experienced trial attorney, Mark has conducted numerous jury trials in cases involving murder, robbery, sex assault, and other crimes. He is also a Certified Law Enforcement Instructor and Certified Forensic Child Interviewer. Mark holds a Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Arkansas School of Law, and a Bachelors of Arts in Business Administration from Columbia College, where he graduated magna cum laude. He has taught extensively in the areas of criminal law and procedure and is a featured instructor for Training Force USA.
All members of the criminal justice and legal community. Training is especially valuable for corrections employees (sworn or non-sworn).
· Please follow the page prompts for quick, easy registration and confirmation.
Lincoln Parish Sheriff's Office
161 Road Camp Road
Ruston, Louisiana 71270
- A list of area hotels is available on the registration site
DATES & TIMES:
- Thursday, August 30, 2018
- Class starts at 8:00am sharp - and ends at 5:00pm (Local Time)
COST: · $199.00 per person
· Check made payable to:
TRAINING FORCE USA
3681 Loma Farm Road
Tallahassee, FL 32309
· Purchase Order
· Credit Card payment made online at
CANCELLATIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS:
· Upon submission of this registration, participants are responsible for payment
· Please note that if you do not attend, you are still responsible for payment.
· Substitutions may be made at any time by phone, e-mail or online at the registration site.
Claude A. Pichard, Training Force USA