Let's learn to pray for the harvest in the same way Jesus prayed.
We can learn three areas of focused prayer from the example of Jesus in John 17.
- Jesus prayed for Himself (John 17:1-5). He prayed that God would be glorified and confirmed a right relationship with Him.
- He prayed for His disciples, the first missionaries (John 17:6-19).
- He prayed for all those who would believe, including new Christians (John 17:20-26).
Additional suggestions for prayer:
- where there is war, may our missionaries be an example of God's love.
- for wisdom as church leaders meet the challenges of church growth.
- that God will call national (citizens of the mission field country) men and women into pastoral ministry.
- that leaders who face opposition will have a strong vision and call from God to sustain them.