- Applicants must be enrolled (or accepted) as a full-time student at a Vocational-Technical School, Community College or a two-year or four-year educational institution.
- Applicants entering their first year of studies must include an acceptance letter from the school.
- Applicants must declare a major that is related to the On-Site Power Generation industry.
- Applicants must have and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.8 (A = 4.0) or above.
Materials Will Include the Following Documents:
- Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all of the necessary information. Since they will be evaluated on the information supplied, it's important to answer every question as completely as possible. All of the information submitted is considered strictly confidential.
- In addition to the completed application form, applicants will be required to submit a copy of their transcripts to support their application. Applicants entering their first year of On-Site Power related studies must submit a Letter of Acceptance from their school. Applicants must also instruct their school's Financial Aid Office to complete a form and submit it to EGSA's offices.
- Applicants will also be asked to submit a brief essay, along with two confidential references from people who are familiar with their skills, interests and ambitions.
must be postmarked or
electronically dated by
midnight May 1, 2017
Applications for the EGSA David I. Coren Education Scholarships for Students now being accepted!
Dear Faculty Member,
Do you have students who plan to pursue a career in
On-Site Power Generation
and that meet our scholarship eligibility requirements? EGSA's David I. Coren Memorial Scholarship Program is entering its thirteenth year and we are very pleased that we have been able to provide $255,000 worth of financial assistance to 111 students since program inception.
Please review the Scholarship Brochure and the Application for more information regarding these competitive, merit-based scholarships which will be awarded to qualified students who plan to pursue a career in the On-Site Power Generation.
Please make your students aware of these scholarships by announcing the scholarship and by posting or distributing the brochures.
The application deadline is May 1, 2017.
Award Notification and Payment
Applicants will be advised if they will be awarded a scholarship via a letter mailed to them in late July.
Payment will be sent in the form of a check made payable to the school with instructions to post the payment to the student's account. EGSA Scholarship disbursements must be applied to the recipient's tuition and/or fees.
Checks will be mailed during the month of August.