Establish your 2015 golf goals with our local EWGA community
Click here to submit your 2015 golf goals. Many golfers find value in setting goals around scores, improving one's handicap, getting out to play more, having fewer injuries, playing in a tournament, playing a new course, etc.
Watch for the list of goals in the next newsletter. You can participate anonymously or with your name.
|Golf Shoulder Stretches from Personal Trainer Lynn Stroud
|EWGA member, Lynn Stroud, offers some professional advice on keeping our shoulders limber during golf season. Click here for her helpful article.
|Upcoming Golf Playing Opportunities
Two-Lady Best Ball at Shadow Valley
Sat., May 30; 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Shadow Valley Golf Course
Registration closes: May 23
Summer Traveling League "9 Shades of Green" 2015 (Competitive)
Monday June 8
Four Different Courses, See Schedule
Quail Hollow Open Play
Saturday, June 20, 2015
9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
Quail Hollow Golf Course
Our Chapter's version of the FedEx Cup
May through Sept. 2015
|Upcoming Golf Learning Events
New Golfer Learning League
Tuesdays: June 9 - June 30
6:00 PM MDT
Indian Lakes Golf Course
Chipping Clinic with Dave Parker
Thursday, June 11
6:00 PM to 7:30 PM
Pierce Park Greens
Putting Clinic with Roy Ahnstedt
Thursday, June 18
6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Pierce Park Greens
Back Analysis for Golf with Chiropractor, Dr. Mark Papatonio DC
Thursday, June 25
6:30 PM to 7:30 PM
Banbury Golf Course-Clubhouse
Wide World of Golf - Social Event
Date: Thurs May 21, 2015
Time: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Location: 8057 Emerald Street, Boise
No cost to attend, but registration is encouraged so WWG can plan for the event. May 18 is the requested registration deadline, but RSVP is not mandatory.
Recap: Spring 2015 Events
Falcon Crest Open Play
On the Road to a "Par"fect Season n
got together May 9 for 18 holes of open play at Falcon Crest on the Championship Course. They battled high winds compensating swings for head winds, cursing cross winds, and delighted in tail winds. Some passed on a hole or two and went "golf ball" fishing... It was a good day with lots of laughs and encouragement.
Participants: Carol Brown, Erica Phillips, Kathy Nahas, Debby Newton, Linda Roberts, Cindy Crayne, Susan MacDonald, Nancy Heldt, Debbra Hamilton
Golf Fitness Clinic
Lynn Stroud woke up eight of us sleepy-eyed participants at the Golf Fitness Clinic.
Lynn showed us some pre-golf stretching routines then we went to different stations to work on legs, core, arms & shoulders, backs, etc. We also did some work on balance and golf-specific resistance exercises. She did a wonderful job!
To the rest of the membership --
-- as we will be trying out our newly learned warm up drills and strength training moves on the golf course!
Click here to see the fun photos (thank you, Susan Logan) from our successful event. Over 80 members and guests gathered at the Hilton Garden Inn, enjoyed a delicious brunch, a program emceed by Kate McGwire, (Mix 106/new EWGA member) and signed up for clinics, lessons and leagues. Thanks, Di Tetrault!
26 ladies survived the spring wind gusts and played an 18 hole scramble at BanBury on April 18. After play the ladies enjoyed a light lunch of salad, fruit, BLT wraps, southwest chicken wraps and cookies. There were prizes ranging from solar yard lights to flower seeds and wine! There was a lot of laughter and very little care about scores. We had ladies of all abilities participate - with and without established handicaps. If you didn't play this year you might want to pencil it in for next season!
|Golf365's Bill Moseley's column
Does your elbow ever give you trouble when golfing? Bill Moseley has some answers. Click here to read his informative article.
|Our VIM Shopping Extravaganza is Here!!
From May 15 - 17, our Chapter Members have access to the amazing Very Important Member (VIM) online shopping opportunity. We can purchase golf products and apparel for only 10% above wholesale! This means a tremendous savings (approx 30 - 60% off) from Cutter & Buck, Bionic Gloves, Clarissa Tumblers, Sundog Eyewear, TourMARK Grips, Golfstream Shoes, Volvik and SkyCaddie
Click here take advantage of this opportunity.
|We have a place for you to volunteer!
Videos, Quizzes and Expert Explanations
New ways to learn the rules:
to visit the official rules resource page.
Now is a perfect time to...
Don't forget to update your profile information and make sure your information is current.
1. Login using your National email and password.
2. Customize your profile and preferences and privacy settings.
3. Adjust your discussion group subscriptions.
4. Start a conversation -- post a message in one of the Discussions.
5. Start networking -- go to the Directory and Find a Member to connect with.
Member Privacy vs Required Contact Information
- More and more EWGA members are concerned about having their personal contact information appear online. We respect that, and have a couple of options for them to have control of what they want to appear.
- The option of marking their record in the EWGA database as "Do Not Publish Online" is available, however it has negative consequences. If this is done to a member record, then the member is blocked from being able to login to the EWGA Member Clubhouse and the Handicap Service. We do not recommend this option.
- We have even had some members go online and delete their mailing address, phone and email so that it won't appear online. We definitely do not recommend this option as then there is no way to communicate with them at all. This impacts your Chapter too, as their contact information won't appear on the roster we send to you each week.
- The best option is for members to login to the Member Clubhouse (www.myewga.com) and update the "Privacy Settings" under the "My Profile" tab. They can choose specifically which information they want to show online, and to whom (Including nobody).
- Please inform your members in your next Chapter newsletter (and provide a handout at your meetings) about this - so we can all continue to communicate about EWGA activities, news and events!
Events & Activities Director
Golf Programs Director
Finance & Records Director
Membership Recruitment Director
Membership Services Director