2012 Workshop Schedule
Adobe+Cob Sculpture+Plasters..March 31-April 1
Natural Building Intro..............................April 14-21
Finish Plaster + Earthen Paint (aliz)......April 21-22
Build an Adobe Horno / Cob Oven............May 5-6
Earthen Building Design..........................May 19-20
Cob Bottle Wall..............................................June 3
Earthen Paints DVD.....................................Anytime
Sign-up today at
Stay tuned for course offerings at www.earthenhand.com/workshops/
Register, or inquire please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
10% discounts on your second course with us, 10% off for bringing a friend, 20% for groups of 4 or more.
Please get this information to people who want to see it. Thanks for your support. Please forward this email to a friend.
We accept donations via our website, just look for the 'donate' button. To go there now, clilck Here. Thank you!
Let's improve the world together,
(Earthen Hand TM, contents of this email C)
Learn the skills that can create affordable housing for all
Natural Building Intro
- April 14 - 21 - Costa Rica - was $1000, now $800! Join us for this wonderful 1-week earth building experience. The course will cover the basics of building with earth and offer students a hands-on opportunity to immerse themselves in a number of techniques. Participants will learn about and work with cob, wattle and daub, lime plasters and washes, earth renders and earthen floors. The workshop will be held at the Rancho Mastatal Sustainable Living Center. Students will stay at the Ranch’s amazing facilities and in addition to learning about earth building they will be exposed to a host of other sustainable living projects including a methane digester, composting toilets, Permaculture designed gardens and orchards, animal husbandry, fermented food products and much more.
Adobe Bruck + Cob Sculpture + Plasters - March 31 - April 1 - Velarde, New Mexico - $120 or $300 for all three in the series. Learn to build, plaster, and decorate earthen buildings in this three-part series. During this weekend course, build with bricks and mud mortar, sculpt creative shapes in Cob (puddled adobe), and learn to finish these works with an earthen plaster. Lunch included. View the full FLIER.
Finish Plaster + Earthen Paint (aliz)
- April 21 - 22 - Velarde, New Mexico - $120 or $300 for all three in the series. Learn to build, plaster, and decorate earthen buildings in this three-part series. During this weekend course, learn the finer points of water-proofing Adobe, finish plasters, and earthen paints (alizes). Achieve a wide variety of textures, colors, and durability. Lunch included.
Build an Adobe Horno / Cob Oven
- May 5 - 6 - Velarde, New Mexico - $120 or $300 for all three in the series. Learn to build, plaster, and decorate earthen buildings in this three-part series. Celebrate Cinco de Mayo by building an Horno. All phases of oven construction will be explored in this fun, hands-on class. Lunch included.
Earthen Building Design
- May 19 - 20 - Portland, Oregon - $180 Learn the ins and outs of designing structures that use earthen materials. This course is absolutely packed with information, including site selection, soil sampling, history, and various applications of earthen materials to achieve shelter. This theoretical course is best paired with a future hands on course. Lunch included.
Cob Bottle Wall Construction
- June 3 - Portland, Oregon - $80 In this fun, hands-on class we will build bottle + jar cylinders and place them in a sculptural Cob mix. This is the most affordable and ecological way to bring colored glass into a structure, and the light coming through it is always fantastic. We will also discuss and try using Cob in several other applications as well. Cob a.k.a. adobe is sand, clay and straw mixed into a sculptable mud paste. Lunch included.
Earthen Paints [distance learning] - Anytime - Your house - $50
Our newest type of course allows you to study home made Earthen Paints and applications whenever you have time from your computer via our distance learning video. These techniques are very accessible and easy to learn with this kind of guidance. Earthen Paints have been used for thousands of years to beautify human dwellings, and can produce a wide variety of colors and textures. They are non-toxic, ecological, and not expensive to make. Registration is anytime and ongoing. Course includes email support. DVD is 20 minutes total.
More workshops to be announced soon!