First Press Weekly e-News
September 13, 2018
Our weekly e-news is a snapshot of what is happening in the near future here at FPC. If you have any questions please call the church office at 770-786-7321, or send us an e-mail
To view our weekly worship bulletins and monthly newsletters, click HERE.
ONLINE DIRECTORY Stay in touch with your FPC family by logging into REALM where you
will find an online directory and up-to-date records of your giving. If you don't already have a login for the site, contact Peni Kehoe at the church office via e-mail
FIND US ON FACEBOOK!
If you haven't seen our page on Facebook recently, please be sure to "like" us and add us to one of your "interest lists". Use the button below to find us.
The Session Nominating Committee is seeking your input for the next class of ruling elders who will serve on the Session. If you have a suggestion please contact John McCarthy or Doug Bolton.
Join us for worship this
Sunday, September 16th
as we celebrate
and you will have the pleasure of meeting our guest preacher,
Anna Grace Claunch.
Anna Grace is a second year student in the Masters of Divinity program at Columbia Theological Seminary. She is originally from Fairhope, Alabama, who most recently moved to Decatur from Memphis where she graduated from Rhodes College. It is her desire to eventually become a Presbyterian minister, but she also has a passion for interfaith and religious tolerance, as well as mental illness advocacy and suicide prevention. She loves the outdoors so when she is not studying, you can find her on the golf course or running all over the streets of Decatur!
Take a look-see what Anna Grace and her colleagues at Columbia Seminary have been up to!
|2018 Summer Briefs: Anna Grace, Sonya, and Becca
Sunday, September 16th
All middle and high school students are invited to join us for a visit to the campus of
. We will leave from the church after worship and head over to the campus
for lunch in the
. Afterward, we will take a tour of the campus and enjoy games
with some of the Oxford students.
Pickup time is 3:00pm at the church.
QUESTIONS: contact Dan Walden
or by text at 404
Early Learning Center
by purchasing a Community Discount Cards. These cards offer discounts at local businesses. Cards are a bargain at $10 each. See Judy Hooten, Cheryl Meichsner or Miriam Wheeler for your card(s)!
Presbyterian Women each year gather items for
to give each resident a Christmas gift bag. Our church has participated in this mission for a number of years. Once again there is a box in the narthex along with the list of items requested. Your love, support, and generosity are more than appreciated. Any questions, please call Jeanie Liem 770-787-7530.
Our annual church-wide retreat to the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina is set for
November 2nd through 4th. If you are interested in going, please make plans and a reservation as soon as possible.
Download a reservation form
- or pick one up at the church - and drop it by the church office with your deposit. All reservations must be made by September 18th.
Praise & Prayers
Cheryl & Rick Meichsner on the birth of their granddaughter
Gwenyth Harper Noe on Monday, September 10th.
Please keep the following people and their families in your thoughts and prayers this week:
- Matt Cooper - CPD Officer injured in the line of duty
- Bill Davis - chest pain; no heart damage
- Roger Wallace - moved to Merryvale
- Denny Henderson - back surgery (family of Danny & Beth Vining)
- Tim Blankenship - hip surgery (son of Maxine, brother of Trent Blankenship)
- Peni Kehoe - recovering from surgery
- Betty Britt - cancer (friend of Milton Patton)
- George Fogarty - heart issues (father of Mark Fogarty)
- Sam Boathen - ill (uncle of Serwaa Amuzu)
- Annett Eaten - cancer (aunt of Milton Patton)
- Larry Kennon - home
- Adriane Ivey - home
- Mark Fogarty - cancer
- Beverly Star Edmonds - cancer (mother of Steve Kapp)
- Patti Lanford - bus accident
- Harry Hicks - heart surgery (father of Doug Hicks)
- Spencer Boyd - cancer
- 3037 Pine Needle Rd. August, GA 30909-3047
- Angela Gregory - cancer (sister of Dave Gregory)
- Sharon Wallace - back surgery (sister of Debbie Gossage)
- Sophia Hawley--Cystic Fibrosis (home)
- Roger Gossage - home
- Tom Holmes - cancer (friend of Dan Walden)
- Clynton Byer - heart surgery (friend of the Ardis family)
- Brandon Massey - blood cancer (grandson of Chuck & Sherry Brasher)
- Jeanette Davis - hospice care (mother of Maria Davis)
- Ethan Lassiter - brain tumor (8 y.o. grandson of E.G. and Maryanne Lassiter)
- David Cooper - lung cancer (father of Rebecca Bates)
- Anderson Krieger--chemotherapy at home
- Carol Baynes--cancer, friend of Phyllis Yoder
- Robin McKeown - cancer, friend of Phyllis Yoder
- Chuck Hodges--treatment for lymphoma (friend of Patti Lanford)
- Ron Swatty--heart problems (brother-in-law of Charles Ardis)
- Mitchell Jessup--cancer (father of Nick Jessup)
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of Betty Strohecker who died last week in Columbia, South Carolina. Betty is the mother of Diane Loeble.
Please update your prayer requests this week!