2017-2018 Recycling and Reuse Goals
Summer is a great time to think about expanding and improving your school's waste reduction and recycling program. Here are some ideas:
- Start a food sharing table and/or donate items like unopened milk, yogurt, fruit cups, cheese sticks, and whole fruit.
- Schedule a kick-off recycling assembly or classroom program.
- Recycle in the cafeteria, sporting events, art events, every classroom and office.
- Host a uniform and school supply swap.
- Recycle at breakfast.
- Encourage students and staff to conserve paper towels with "These Come From Trees" stickers on all your holders.
- Start a compost site.
- Commit to double-side all printed materials and decrease margins.
- Have an art event that only reuses materials; new materials not allowed.
We are here to help! Email Cher Mohring
or call 513-946-7737 to assist with all your school recycling and waste reduction needs.