By definition the word homestretch
describes the final stages of a project or task. Breaking the word in two provides a richer context. The home
portion we understand as our individual dwelling place as well as a dwelling place in consciousness. Combined with the word stretch,
and that dwelling is now increased beyond its previous dimension. Yes, our experience of home is stretching!
Not exactly the traditional definition but I love examining it from that perspective.
The months of August and September are quite critical regarding the completion of our first move in phases. Now, more than ever, we ask you to help us make these last 60 days of the process one for the record books. Join with us in affirmative prayer, help us in increasing our monthly pledge and offering contributions, invite your friends, participate in our Commemorative Brick Campaign, become a loan guarantor and let us work together in making this homestretch an extraordinary and joyous experience!
Now is the time and we are the people!
~ Rev. David Ault
July Growth Update
SLCA Growth Magnificence Campaign towards our New Home and Holmes Institute continues to gain momentum as we enter the final stretch. SLCA asks for congregants to unite and rally together to bring us through the last big push...Ways to involve are:
1. High Value Donor Initiative (Construction Loans) We are still looking to identify 9-10 additional goal loan guarantors of $50,000 each. We have previously secured nine (9) initial loan guarantors that have been an enormous help to building and providing the foundation to get us started and over 2/3 of the way through but we aren't there yet! If you or perhaps you know someone that you could introduce us to that might be willing to become a loan guarantor..please contact the SLCA office or SLCA Board treasurer Karen Ratts for more details.
2. The "Buy a Brick" program has raised over $10,000 dollars and continues to provide a way for ALL members of the community to contribute and participate in fundraising. Per your request, Buy a Brick Campaign is now on line on our website and can be accessed easily. Send your friends, family and others from all over the world to the site to have them become a part of SLCA legacy.
3. Our new "SLCA - Who We Are and Where we are Going" Fundraising video has been produced and available to you online and on Facebook to help distribute. Forward it onto as many of your friends as you can. There is power in numbers and our collective energy will prove to bring us the abundance that we know exists.
4. A simple and quick way to help with the flow of abundance is to put your weekly/monthly pledge on a credit card. By putting it on a credit card, you have the peace of mind of knowing that you tithe is always present in helping SLCA become your center of Spiritual Magnificence and that consistency can help us know what's available to cover our daily and monthly needs. It's a small way in which you can make HUGE difference.
- All the Tile and New Kitchen Appliances have been purchased and paid for the new building.
- Fire Sprinkling will begin in early August and once completed dry wall will go up to define spaces.
- Upgraded IT and VoIP phone lines have been ordered and are set to begin installation.
- Important to Note: Due to permit delays with the Dekalb Co. Fire Marshall, We have pushed back out move in date from Aug 31 to Sept 30th.
Reverend David Ault Featured in July/August Unity Village Magazine
Rev. David spent a very insightful week in Kansas City recently at the historical Unity Village. Click here
to download and read full article published by Unity Magazine.
|Affirmation and Inspiration
I know that within myself there is that Life which is perfect, complete, divine.
It was never born and cannot die for it lives and is God.
Within myself is the wholeness, peace, poise, and power of Life.
This Life is health; it is abundance; it is Love.
There is One Life and it is the Life of God, and this is my Life now!
Rev. Dr. John Waterhouse, President, Centers for Spiritual Living
AND THE WINNER IS...
2nd Annual Poet Laureate To Be Announced At 11:30 A.M. Service This Sunday!
Thanks to all who participated in this year's poetry contest. Stay tuned for the winner during our 11:30 A.M. service.
Give With Ongoing Credit Card Pledges
Thank you for supporting Spiritual Living Center of Atlanta with your financial gifts.
We would like to offer a service to those who wish to make ongoing credit card gifts to SLCA. The rates are better and the interface is safe and straightforward. Begin giving now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
or calling 404-417-0008 if you are interested in setting up this payment plan.
For one time credit card gifts, we still offer donations, payment fees and gifts on our website
for your convenience.
|Another great "I Am SO Money" Workshop facilitated by Rev. Avon Drummond and Life in Alignment Network. Thanks to all who attended!|
|The Teen group thanked all contributors and sponsors who helped make 2012 Teen Camp possible.|
Featured Music this Sunday is Faith Harris
"Faith Harris smoothly weaves melodic, rhythmic interludes with her uniquely distinct, crystal clear vocals, as she superbly brings her World Jazz message into a wonderfully inspirational crescendo; to boldly affirm that truly, The Time is Right...
- Dereke Clements, Jazz World, Inc.
Home to many outstanding Jazz musicians; Faith performs in Atlanta at several jazz hot spots like the famous Churchill Grounds, Twain's, The Family Dog, Take Two International Bistro and Café 290. Faith continues to expand her artistic reach and fan base in Metro Atlanta and beyond.
Visit her website
to read more about Faith and listen to her latest album, "The Time is Right".
Spiritual Living Center of Atlanta - Moving and Transitions Workshop - Registration Now Available Online!
As Spiritual Living Center of Atlanta prepares to move into our new home we know that change is inevitable, it is how we grow. Moving and Transitions Workshop presented by CALM will help explore ways of dealing with change and how to be present and fully embrace the process.
August 18, 1-5 PM
SLCA Buford Office
Refreshments will be provided. Proceeds go to SLCA Growth Campaign.
Click here for complete registration information.Facilitator Info: David Kantra, PsyD, is a Clinical Psychologist and Augusta Kantra, MS, LPC is a Licensed Professional Counselor. Both are in private practice specializing in mindfully-based treatment of individuals, couples and groups. They draw from their background and training in psychotherapy, yoga, and meditation, and are the co-founders of CALM.
Movies & More Starts Up August 10!
Starting Friday August 10 from 7:00-9:00 PM at our Buford Office we will feature the film The Happy Movie.
July SLCA Talks & Services
Continuing the tradition of teaching the basics of the Science of Mind, we offer new insights and review for all.
to listen to audio talks on our website.
Sunday Service Talks:
August 5 The Feeling of
Accomplishment (ft. music by Faith Harris)
August 12 Guest Speaker:
Dr. Will Coleman (ft. music by Thomas Barnette)
August 19 Guest Speaker:
Dale Allen Hoffman (ft. by Gregory Fisher)
August 26 The Person You
Want to Be (ft. music TBA and SLCA Dance Ministry)
SLCA Sunday Services held
10 AM and 11:30 AM
at Rich Auditorium,
The Woodruff Arts Center
1280 Peachtree St., Atlanta
SOM 217 Accredited Class
with Rev. Susan Zoller,
July 11 - August 29.
7:00pm at SLCA Druid Chase Offices. Registration is closed.
Commemorative Brick Campaign: Get Your Bricks Now Online!
For your convenience, we have provided purchase options for the SLCA Brick Campaign on our website here
Calling All Volunteers!
SLCA Supports Atlanta AIDS Walk
SLCA is participating in the AIDS Walk & 5K run October 21! We are already recruiting runners/walkers for the Spiritual Living Center of Atlanta Team. Our goal this year is to raise $5000 for AID Atlanta. Help us support this great cause by registering for the team or donating CLICK HERE or contact John Marshall, email@example.com. We will also be accepting donations on behalf of AID Atlanta at our Volunteer Table between Sunday Services.
Gay Pride Volunteer Meetup
Spiritual Living Center of Atlanta is gearing up for its first-ever participation in the 2012 Atlanta Gay Pride Parade and Festival October 13-14, 2012 at Piedmont Park, Atlanta. All Spiritual Living Center of Atlanta GLBT/GLBT supporters are welcome to attend this meetup session and join our efforts to represent in this great community celebration!
Date and Time: Sunday
August 12, 2012 3-5pm
Location: Home of Rev.
David Ault & Ty Andrews 2608 Varner Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30345
Light hors d'oeuvres, wine and beverages will be served.
Pride Participation Opportunities:
- Parade Walkers
- Parade Float Designers and Builders
- Festival/Parade Sponsors (Equipment, Materials, Promo Items)
- Pride Booth Volunteers (Raffle/Promo Distributions, Greeters)
Youth Program Teachers and Assistants
Contact Mary Jane LaBonte, Youth Director at
404-683-8225 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Teen Program Volunteer
Contact Bebe Fitzgerald, Teen Program Director at
404-447-4237 or email@example.com
Sunday Service Ushers/Greeters
Contact Matilyn Hammond, Head Usher call 404-285-6187 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To sign up or get additional information for more volunteer opportunities, visit our Volunteer/Special Events table between Sunday Services, email email@example.com or call 404-417-0008.
We offer Professional Counseling services from Licensed Healthcare professionals at SLCA! Each Counselor is educated in SOM Principles and Spiritual Mind Treatment. Services are offered at reasonable and fair market rates. Schedule your appointment at 404-417-0008.