Empower Up, located in Vancouver, Washington, is a reuse and recycling start-up nonprofit organization that accepts donated computers and electronics from the public and businesses. Our volunteers refurbish the donated computers and provide them to families in need and to nonprofits in Clark County. Some computers are made available to the general public in our thrift store at affordable prices. We support our programs through retail sales from the thrift store, material sales from our recycling operations and by the generous contributions from the community. We additionally seek grants to fund specific programs and needs of the organization. Empower Up and its volunteers have received several awards including the 2011 Nonprofit Excellence Award for Innovation from the Nonprofit Network Southwest Washington.
The Executive Director of Empower Up reports to the Board of Directors and is responsible for all aspects of the organization's operations, including the achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
* Responsible for developing the organization's long-term strategy which achieves its mission. Consistent performance in meeting the operating goals and objectives established by the Board of Directors.
* Review and evaluate current operations and propose initiatives to increase income, reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
* Complete the annual budget for submission to the Board. Ongoing fiscal discipline to ensure compliance with the budget. Timely preparation of the monthly financial statements. Maintain appropriate control of the funds and assets of the organization.
* Manage staff currently consisting of three paid employees and approximately sixty part-time volunteers. Handle all aspects of human resources including recruiting, disciplining and releasing both paid staff and volunteers. Develop job descriptions, administer regular performance reviews and ensure that sound human resources policies are in place and followed.
* Promote a positive work environment. Ensure an active and engaging experience for all volunteers.
* Always maintain an environmentally responsible operation.
* Research and apply for grants that qualify for programs related to our mission. Develop and execute a fund raising plan.
* Active community involvement promoting the cause of the organization. Coordination with organizations supporting our goals of reuse and recycling.
* Organize and lead the monthly board meetings. Keep the Board adequately informed of any significant development.
* Maintain official records and documents for compliance with grant requirements and with federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Candidate should have a minimum of a bachelor's degree and five years experience working for a nonprofit in a managerial position. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Applicant must be a strong leader and be able to recruit, train, and motivate staff and volunteers while simultaneously create and implement a development and marketing plan. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office programs is necessary. Electronic recycling experience is preferred but not required.
As a small nonprofit, we currently offer a salary of approximately $35,000 to $40,000 annually plus benefits. As we are able to grow our organization and sustain a larger funding base, compensation will increase as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors.
To be considered for the position of Executive Director, please submit your resume to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunity employer.