As your think about charitable donations for 2016 we ask that you consider FAIR Canada.
FAIR Canada is a unique national
organization that has been representing the voice of investors and financial consumers for the past 8 years. FAIR Canada is the preeminent representative of the Canadian investing public in securities regulation.
As regulators and governments consider complex issues affecting the financial well-being of most Canadians, FAIR Canada ensures that the retail investor and consumer perspective informs the discussion. FAIR Canada has been active in the following reforms that have been announced or are being considered:
- A financial reward-based whistleblower program at the Ontario Securities Commission - FAIR Canada called for this reform and provided input on the proposed policy
- The need for a new financial services regulator to replace FSCO - FAIR Canada provided input to the Expert Panel and to FSCO
- Advocating for the need for a statutory best interest standard to govern the relationship of financial services firms with their clients
- Reform of mutual fund fee structures to remove the misalignment of incentives between advisors and consumers, to ensure that the cost of products and advice are clear and transparent, and to facilitate effective price competition
- The need for regulators and governments to support the mandate of the Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments in providing a single, independent dispute resolution service for investment complaints that is fair, low-cost and effective including the need for binding decision making
We will continue to work on your behalf, focusing on our strategic priorities
To continue this work on a sustainable, long-term basis, FAIR Canada needs your financial support.
How to Donate
You can make an on-line donation to FAIR Canada through CanadaHelps.org
. Easy and secure online donations can be made by credit or debit card. As FAIR Canada is a registered charity, you will receive an online tax receipt for your donation.
Donations of securities are also greatly appreciated, and that can also be done online through CanadaHelps.org
. There is no capital gains tax on donated securities, so your donation benefits from both a charitable deduction and exception from capital gains tax.
You can also donate by sending a cheque to our mailing address in which case you will receive a tax receipt by mail.
If you are generously considering a donation in excess of $1,000, we ask that you contact our Office Administrator Erika Aucoin by email at email@example.com or telephone at (416) 214-3404 to make a donation directly to FAIR Canada.