Happy June! School is getting out, the temps are rising, and we are full-on "go" for our endurance ministry season. As we enter summer, I simply wanted to remind, encourage, and exhort each of you to be intentional with your involvement in endurance sports this season. Through our endurance sports involvement, we have the wonderful opportunity to worship the Lord, build His Church, and expand His Kingdom. God bless you as you intentionally build and strengthen relationships, lovingly inviting those in your community to move closer to Jesus!
Steve's trip around the east coast.
To kick off this Aid Station, I want to first celebrate a recent trip that FCA Endurance Huddle Coordinator Steve White took. One of Steve White's roles as FCA Endurance National Huddle Coordinator is to get out and visit Teammates, Huddle Leaders, and FCA staff from across the country.This past Wednesday, Steve embarked on a 7 day journey covering 5 states and over 1600 miles. The trip was scheduled to accomplish two primary goals: (1) to build relationships with current Huddle Leaders and Teammates, and (2) to meet with potential Huddle Leaders and Huddles to cast the vision and mission of FCA Endurance! Steve shared, "I so much enjoy building relationships and sharing and hearing about how God is moving through our ministry!"
FCA Endurance - Montgomery County. First group meeting and run
Reflecting on the trip, Steve commented, "It was better than expected! I met some amazing people and found there was a lot of passion for the mission of FCA Endurance! I even had a chance to join a brand new huddle in Maryland for their very first meeting and run. There were around 10 of us there, and it was a great run along a beautiful trail through canopy trees, sharing and encouraging all runners along the way!" For additional details and pictures of Steve's journey, please visit our national FB page
While we're talking about Huddles, I also wanted to highlight a recent trip that the Phoenix Huddle took. After hearing about the damage and need, Huddle Leaders John and Debbie Foster took their family and some of the Huddle over to Moore, OK, to help residents clean-up after the recent major tornado that hit the area. They saw an opportunity to serve boldly in Jesus' name with Samaritan's Purse and responded. What a great way to put their endurance fitness and ministry experience to work!
AZ huddle teammates helping residents in Moore, OK with debris clean up and sharing God's love. May 25-26, 2013
We also want to celebrate some recent Huddle growth! During May the Lord added two new Huddles:
- Western Fairfax, Virginia led by Michael Suchodolski. Michael has been leading a Christian running group through his church for the past few months, and we are excited to get this group certified as a Huddle! Thanks Michael for your service, and God bless your ongoing ministry!
- Montgomery County, Maryland led by Nathan Timm. Nathan's wife Lisa has been on staff with FCA for over ten years, and we are excited to partner with them as they grow their local ministry within the endurance community! Thanks for your service and partnership Nathan and Lisa!
As we move through June, I'm reminded of June 2005 and the first race where we had FCA Endurance Teammates racing in yellow (Manitou Triathlon, White Bear Lake, MN). As I recall this race, I'm happy to invite each of you to read a recent blog I wrote on the history of FCA Endurance. God moved to launch this ministry as a way to combat endurance sports idolatry and unite His Church to accomplish its mission within the endurance sports community. God continues to mobilize His people through FCA Endurance, and we celebrate our past and look forward to what He will do among us this coming summer. Thank you for your faithful partnership in this!
Lastly, I wanted to pass on a few quick ministry updates:
For God's Glory!
- Summer EMI's: SAVE the Dates and Register for Savannah! We are excited to announce that we have two Endurance Ministry Institute Retreats in the planning stages for this summer and one in the fall. Additional details will be coming shortly, but for now, protect these dates! It's time to get equipped for ministry!
- Hy-Vee Triathlon/5150 US Championships: We invite everyone to join us for a ministry weekend, Aug. 30 to Sept. 1 in Des Moines, IA. We'll have a booth at the expo and a number of athletes racing. We'll also be making a special ministry announcement at this race! Registration is open, and we would love to see you there! If you'll be joining us, RSVP here so we can keep you in the loop.
- Share God's Word: FCA Endurance is committed to provide Bibles to our Huddles and Teammates for distribution to other endurance athletes who do not have a copy of God's Word! As such, we invite you to request Bibles to give away during this coming season. For details and to submit a request, please see our Bible Distribution Request Form on The Body.
- Student Camps: Do you want to impact a student athlete's life for Jesus Christ? If so, get them to one of FCA's camps this summer. These are times of Inspiration and Perspiration, and they can be life-changing! There are hundreds of camps held all over the world covering nearly every sport, so there is something for everyone. For more information and to get registered, visit http://fcacamps.org
Also, as a note, Chris Anderson and pro triathlete Brad Seng will be helping coach cross-country at the Northern Black Hills Sports Camp later this June. They would love to see your son, daughter, neighbor, nephew, granddaughter, etc. there!
- Wanted: Prayer Warrior: Are you a Prayer Warrior? Do you long for and engage in regular times of prolonged prayer? Do you find great joy through your personal, intimate times with our Father? Would you like to help FCA Endurance engage others in a deeper prayer life? If so, please contact Chris Anderson