On Tuesday, November 29, 2016, FDRS is participating in #GivingTuesday, a global day dedicated to giving. We have a generous donor who has pledged to match all donations to FDRS from now through December 25th!
FDRS is dedicated to improving the quality of life for all people affected by adipose tissue disorders through research, education, advocacy and collaboration.
Your contributions are needed to help us further our mission in the following areas:
. Through your generosity, FDRS made donations to the University of Arizona/TREAT program to further Dr. Karen Herbst's research of lipedema and Dercum's Disease and provided two LE&RN/FDRS Lipedema Postdoctoral Fellowships. We are seeking benefactors for additional research support.
- FDRS produced more than 60 educational videos on the FDRS YouTube channel with nearly 74,000 views.
- Ten patients were awarded full or partial scholarships to attend the 2016 educational conference.
- Members of the FDRS board educated and networked with therapists and other practitioners at the National Lymphedema Network and LymphSeminars meetings.
- In 2016, we hosted our largest conference to date, bringing together over 250 patients, physicians, therapists and researchers with education, networking and support.
- Patient friendly educational folders for physicians and therapists were created and distributed.
Collaboration. FDRS supported Lymphedema Lighthouse Network, TalkLipoedema and other organizations with informational handouts and educational materials.
While shopping for gifts this holiday season, don't forget to support FDRS by using Amazon Smile!