December 26, 2017
It's Always Health Season!
Welcome! This newsletter is dedicated to current studio and community events. YOU are the reason we are here--please share your ideas, give us feedback, and help us grow this community of health-minded people. Please tell your friends, family and colleagues about the studio--we appreciate your help in spreading the word and allowing us to serve.
NEED A RESERVATION
A reminder that we have the following FREE classes running during our break:
- Introduction To Group Pilates Reformer 12/27 6:45 p.m. (1 slot left) 1/6 12:30, 1:00 and 1:30 p.m. RSVP NEEDED
- Restorative Yoga, With Mara Wednesday 12/27 p.m. --
- RSVP NEEDED
THESE CLASSES ARE SAVED FOR NEW CLIENTS OR CLIENTS RETURNING TO THE STUDIO, CURRENT CLIENTS ARE WELCOME TO BRING A FRIEND, RSVP FIRST TO BE SURE THERE IS SPACE. IF CLASSES FILL UP, WE WILL ADD MORE!
Winter Solstice Celebration
Thank you for attending the Winter Solstice Event--we hope to make this an annual event. On behalf of Chef Terence, Sandra Wiseman and myself, we wish you a year filled with dreams come true!
Diet Detox Program
Weight Loss and Detoxification
with Natural Foods
While this program is
sold out, we will run it again in the Spring, if you want to pre-register at the $99 rate, call the office.
If you are enrolled in the program already, please make sure you have the two meeting dates on your calendar:
January 3, 2018, 7:30 p.m. Phase 1 Preparation
Janaury 12, 7:30 p.m. Phase 2 Preparation
MAKE 2018 THE YEAR OF TOTAL HEALTH.
Pilates Plus Open House
January 6th 12-3 p.m.
KIck Off 2018 With A Wellness Day!
It's that time to
set your intention
for a HEALTHY YEAR; we want to help you with that!
We will hold an open house featuring:
- Local vendors (mostly food growers/producers)
- Free health and wellness services (massage and reflexology)
- Free demo classes on Pilates Equipment
- Lot's of yummy homemade soup and veggies
Our open house goal is to inspire you to connect with your food community, try new movement practices (tai chi, pilates, and yoga!) and to pamper yourself for the day with wellness. This invitation is for NEW CLIENTS, OLD CLIENTS, AND CURRENT CLIENTS. We ask current clients to 'BRING A FRIEND" and register ahead so we can schedule, plan and prepare for refreshments.
RSVP TO CAROLINE A.S.A.P.
Welcome New Teachers and Therapists!
We want to celebrate the new teachers and therapists at Pilates Plus and encourage you to get to know them at our open house or this semester in class. We have always been blessed with outstanding talents and dedication on our staff.
Welcome Mara Collinson, Yoga Teacher
Mara has been cultivating her own yoga practice for over ten years and completed her 200 hour RYT training in Hatha Yoga; she is registered with Yoga Alliance. Mara has taught teachers and staff in multiple Anne Arundel and Calvert County public schools, introducing natural de-stressing techniques through breath work and alignment based instruction. Mara feels everyone has something valuable to share, and enjoys learning from others while sharing her passion for yoga. Her goal as a yoga teacher is to create a positive atmosphere where all levels of yoga practitioners can develop basic yoga poses at their own pace while incorporating body and breath awareness in each practice. Mara is excited to encourage students to slow down in our fast-paced world cultivating a focus on their own health and well being. Mara will be leading the Everybody Yoga class on Monday's at 7:15, teaching private Yoga instruction, and subbing in Saturday's Yogilates class.
Sherrell Moore-Tucker, Christian Yoga Teacher
errell began her yoga journey in 2008, while in search of a holistic tools for her diagnosis of arthritis as recommended by her doctor while serving in the Army. With a consistent yoga practice she began to experience less pain and more freedom in her body and mind. With a desire to explore yoga on a deeper level she enrolled in a level 1 yoga certification program in 2010 and began to teach yoga to her family and friends. Sharing yoga and meditation ignited a passion in her that made her feel alive and present. So a few years later she pursued and completed her 200-hour Hatha & Vinyasa certifications.
Always, a student, Sherrell has completed various training and studies in Thai Yoga Bodywork, Yin Yoga, Yoga for Depression, Yoga for Sleep, Natural Health, and Christian meditation. Recently, Sherrell completed a Yoga for Trauma program to help those who would like to use yoga and meditation as holistic tools to assist with healing from health and social trauma. Sherrell will be leading Christian Yoga on Tuesday's at 7:20, a private Christian Yoga group on Thursday's at 6:45, and subbing Saturday Yogilates.
Welcome Marci the Dog!
While she's not a therapy dog yet, she is in training! Marci Sanderson, our "Grand-dog" brought lots of joy to the studio recently. Marci was abandoned and my son Seth and his girlfriend, Cathy Anderson rescued her and gave her a loving home. If you have not considered it in a while, consider rescuing an animal. Rescue animals appreciate
and can bring lots of joy to your home.
Pets are good medicine! We thank Caroline for spending her afternoon snuggling and loving Marci.
Register For Winter Classes Now
Thank you sweet Caroline for the dedicated hours it takes to get us ready, decorated, and organized! Clients can register NOW for the winter semester which begins on 1/2.
Good news, we have added several new Pilates classes to our schedule, including:
- Monday 7:30 p.m. Pilates Cardio Jumboard w/Brad **Special Price $125.00 for first three clients** 30 minute class, 6 wks.. This is an intense cardio workout that is so much fun!!!!!! Sample Class
- Wednesday 6:30 p.m. Beginner Tower w/Brad 45 minute class, 6 wks.
- Wednesday 7:30 p.m. Awesome Abs w/Brad 30 minute class, 6 wks..
- Saturday 2:00 p.m. Pilates Bootcamp w/ Franchesca 45 minute class, 6 wks. (2 slots left!)
Regular Classes With Open Slots Include:
- Monday 12:00 noon, Yogilates w/Susan 3 weeks, $45
- Monday 7:15pm Everybody Yoga with Mara, begins 1/8 $160
- Tuesday 5:30pm Yogilates w/Susan, begins 1/2, $170
- Tuesday 7:20pm Christian Yoga w/Sherrell, begins 1/2, $170
- Wednesday 6:30pm, Cardio Kickboxing w/Shelia, begins 1/3 6 weeks, $95
- Friday 6:00pm, Tai Chi w/John, begins 1/5, 6 weeks, $75.00
- Saturday 08:30am, Yogilates, begins 1/6 w/Susan, Mara, and Sherrell, $170
Group Pilates Equipment Classes With Open Slots Include:
- Monday 6:30 pm w/Brad, begins 1/8, 5 weeks, cost $190
- Tuesday 6:45 pm w/Franchesca, begins 1/2, cost $180
- Wednesday 09:30 w/Susan, begins 1/3, cost $225 LEVEL II ONLY
- Saturday 09:00 w/Brad, begins 1/6, cost $225