Dear Friend of FPC,
THANK YOU! Thanks to everyone who has worked to move us back to the church. Over the past few weeks countless people: staff, members and friends of the church have painted, cleaned, lifted and stacked......and we are home!
It has been a blessing to be working out of the church these past few days! We still have lots of work to do....two large rooms are full of furniture and boxes of stuff to be sorted and dispersed throughout the church. However, before taking another step let's pause to offer thanks to God and every person who has blessed us during this project. Here are some of the thoughts that cause me to be thankful....
- What would life have been like without access to Union Elementary this past year? Thank you God and Maumee Schools for this provision!
- What would life have been like without such a dedicated project team leading this project? Thank you Jim, Charlie, Bob, Sarah, Doug, Chuck & Eric!
- How much more would we have spent without the expertise and effort donated by our members; running wires, designing parking lots, building shelves, designing phone systems, painting, etc. Thank you all!
- How would we have managed the details of operating the church during this transition without the dedication of our business manager? Thank you Susan!
The list goes on and on! God has blessed and provided for this congregation in countless ways! We give thanks to God and look forward to the exciting ways he will use this congregation in the years to come!
For His Kingdom,
Upcoming Events (For full schedule of events, please see our website)
Save these Dates!
It may be hard to believe, but summer is here! Mark your calendars for these exciting church events:
- BIKE CLUB: Our next scheduled ride will be Sunday, July 29th at 3 PM. We will be riding the Wabash Cannonball Trail. Bikers can park at Monclova Elementary School. This is a great trail - completely paved, flat, and goes directly in to Oak Openings Metropark. Hope to see You there! Put a note in Jim Calderone's church mailbox with your name and contact information (cell phone, e-mail). Contact info is important, in the event we need to cancel a ride due to inclement weather. Ride locations will be announced in the bulletin and on the FYI weekly e-mail.
- ANNUAL WOMEN'S RETREAT - SAVE THE DATE - FRIDAY, SATURDAY, SUNDAY, OCTOBER 26, 27, 28, 2012 AT THE PINES RETREAT CENTER, FREMONT, OHIO - Our Theme will be: "What does the Lord require of you? But to do justice and to love kindness and to walk humbly with your God." (Micah 6:8) Chris Wolfe, PC (USA) Justice and Peace Vice Moderator of Presbyterian Women and commissioned lay pastor will lead our retreat. We will have time to relax and unwind, walk the labyrinth, enjoy the beautiful campus of the Pines, use our art skills and even find time for a massage, And of course, we will have fabulous fellowship with our FPC sisters.
In the next couple of weeks with the move back into the church scheduled there will be a reduced FYI going out. During the rest of the summer we will do some features on upcoming ministry opportunities coming to the Church. We will send FYI updates out that have a new pastor's corner and any new announcements and prayer requests. Blessings to you.
Habitat For Humanity Build Opportunities
MO! Missions and Outreach has voted favorably to help fund a Habitat Build as a part of our missions opportunities to Connect Christ and Community in the Toledo area. We just learned of three opportunities to volunteer and would like to know if there are those that have a preference in terms of which project to support. The three builds are: a new build partnership in June/July; a new build partnership in August/September; and a Rehab project in October/November. Please contact Pastor Steve if you have a preference or if you would like to volunteer. Blessings on the house!
JUMP START PRAYER GATHERING
Each Monday morning at 7 am a hardy group of people from FPC gathers together in the Chapel to serve as Prayer Warriors for God. We gather prayer requests, join together in prayer, and bring back reports of how God is answering our prayers. What an encouraging and invigorating time! Some weeks the needs are many and other times there are fewer spoken or written requests. But the sweetest aspect of these Mondays is to just spend some time in the presence of God. We have seen some exciting answers to prayer. We have continued to pray for our contractors who are working on the building as well as for those who gather for the AA meetings each week. One of the things we pray for is that all who enter our building, for whatever reason, would experience a special touch of God's grace and presence. There is plenty of room at the altar in the Chapel to pray and join us. If you come you will be blessed.
|JOYS AND CONCERNSPrayer Concerns
Marge Bonner Home with Hospice
Bonnie Richards Swanton Health Care
Lucy Marquardt Lutheran Village at Wolf Creek
Anabel Stubbs Home
Mary Cramer Home
June Baker Home
Dot Otis Swan Creek Rehab
Our home centered member of the week is Joyce Yutzy. Members may send a card or note to her at Swan Creek at 5916 Cresthaven Lane, #211A, Toledo, OH 43614. Please keep Joyce in your prayers.
Continue to pray for Kathleen Sheets as she does interviews and goes through the pastoral candidating process. Her address is 26 Gunther St., North Adams, MA 01247. for those of you who would like to write and encourage her.
24th Mike Heck, Mindy Overmyer
25th Chaz Price
26th Todd Armstrong, Janet Russ Jones
30th Nora Kirk
31st Lois Grasser, Anne Hirsch, Beth Kinney, Robert Vogel
24th Bill & Dorothy Bonser (47th)
In Worship this Week: Sunday, July 29th
8:00 a.m. in our Chapel Service. Pastor Steve Nelson is preaching. Elder Jack Hemple will serve as Liturgist. Barbara Foote will play the piano.
9:00 a.m. at the Edge Service in Fellowship Hall. Pastor Steve Nelson is preaching.
10:15 a.m. in our Sanctuary Service. Pastor Steve Nelson is preaching. Elder Sarah Otis will serve as Liturgist.