Farm to School is a means
to improve child nutrition, support local farming economies and educate children about the origins of food!
- We are the Farm to School Regional Lead for the Southwest!
- Our program has provided $26,000 to 32 Farm to School educational projects throughout New Mexico!
- We are a Co-Host site for FoodCorps!
Farm to Restaurant gets local farmers' food into Santa Fe restaurants, providing a reliable revenue stream for more than two dozen northern New Mexico Farmers!
A full list of Participating Restaurants can been found on our webpage.
Check some great articles on our award-winning Farm to Restaurant program:
Farm to Restaurant in The New Mexican
Farm to Restaurant in Edible Santa Fe!
"Like" Farm to Restaurant on Facebook!
The New Mexico
Food and Agriculture
Policy Council works at the national, state and local levels to:
- Advocate for access to healthy food for all New Mexicans
- Support our local farmers, ranchers and processors
- Educate about policies that affect the food on our plates
Pollinator Partners Program
The Pollinator Partners Program supports the creation of pollinator-friendly zones throughout the state as a way to enhance and regenerate the ecological, economic and cultural health, vitality and well-being of people, pollinators and places!
- This fall, the Pollinator Partners Program is facilitating workshops in the communities of:Truth or Consequences, Las Cruces, Grant County, Española, Taos and Zuni Pueblo!
- Read more here!
Thank you, April Martinez and Ivan Concha
for lovingly creating this beautiful mural for
Farm to Table!
Welcome to Farm to Table's first ever monthly newsletter! Our office is bustling with activity these days, and we want to share with you some of the exciting projects we're working on!
If you didn't realize just how many pies we have our hands in, now is a great opportunity to catch up on the various ways Farm to Table works to support the vitality of New Mexico's communities. We provide hands-on assistance and educational programs to ensure the sustainability of local food and farming!Stay up-to-date, "like" us on Facebook!
Farm to Cafeteria brings
Local Food to more than 50 School Districts
Across New Mexico!
Farm to Cafeteria helps get local food into New Mexico School Cafeterias!
- We are currently working with over 50 school districts reaching from Deming to Raton!
- So far this year we have sold more than $110,000 worth of local produce to NM public schools!
- Over 220,000 students received nutritious food!
Thanks to Food Service directors across the state who have prioritized serving local fruits and vegetables! And a special thanks to those purchasing for Los Lunas Public Schools, Albuquerque Public Schools, and Santa Fe Public Schools for buying the most local produce so far this year!
Check out our Full List of Schools Serving Local Food, to see if your child's school is participating!
A Local Thanksgiving!
Some Favorite Thanksgiving Recipes Featuring Local Ingredients!
Sources for New Mexico-Raised Turkeys!
- Pollo Real: They're not taking reservations this year, just get your turkey at their booth at the SF Farmers' Market on either Sat. 11/17 or Tues. 11/20! They'll have plenty of beautiful birds and look forward to seeing you!
- Gallina Del Sol: They're already sold out of turkeys, but still have pheasant! Also, order now for your Christmas Goose! (505) 610-8326.
- La Montanita Coop: They're selling Embudo Valley Organics' turkeys! Order by phone (505) 984-2852- ask for meat department, or in person at 913 West Alameda, Santa Fe.
- Talus Wind Ranch: They've got only a few turkeys left, so call soon! Also, order now for your holiday turkey or lamb products! (575) 694-0085 or (505) 982-7782.
Attention all Home Chefs:
Do you love cooking with local ingredients? If you have any great recipes that you'd like to share with us, send 'em over! We'll feature you in one of our upcoming news letters!
Help secure the work we do here at Farm to Table by making a tax-deductible donation!
Thank you, and Happy Thanksgiving!
-The Farm to Table Team
, Executive Director & NM Policy Coordinator
Farm to School Program Director
, Programs Director
, Philanthropic & Community Engagement
, Communications Coordinator
, Farm to Cafeteria Coordinator
Nina Yozell-Epstein, Farm to Restaurant Coordinator
, Pollinator Partners Program DirectorMarion Kalb
, Policy SpecialistClark de Schweinitz
, Adviser & NM Policy ChairElvis Bitsilly
, SW Native Communities Liaison
, Chair Sarah Grant