Farmers Market Saturday
The Lansdowne Farmers Market's 2016-17 Winter season kicks off this Saturday with the first of five monthly appearances. Winter Market hours have been pushed back this year (the two-hour market now takes place from 10 am to noon) so you don't have to be such an early riser, but it's still a good idea to be there early so you don't miss out. Remember, Winter Markets are all-weather events! Additional markets are scheduled for January 21, February 18, March 18, and April 15 -- here's who we're expecting this week:
- Amazing Acres Goat Dairy: Fresh goat cheeses, including chipotle chevre, crottin, bucheron and more; 2017 Amazing Acres calendars chock full of goats and goat-cheese recipes
- Bonnie's Wondergardens: All you need for Christmas -- fresh greenery, branches, twigs, flowers, eucalyptus, holly, and unique holiday arrangements
- The Cottage Kitchen: Beets, curtido, kimchi, and kraut; beet kvass and more
- Creative Shepherd Farm: Cheese, farm baskets, jam and salsa, maple syrup, garlic and winter squash, cannoli, and holiday handicrafts including textiles, bead work and handmade nativities and Christmas tree ornaments
- Green Zebra Farm: Kale, carrots, cut spinach, winter squash, and tomato sauce
- Kia's Cakes: Whole cakes, edible gifts, cookies, cupcakes and more
- Kiss My Soul Naturals: Soaps, including seasonal favorites (cinnamon seed, winter peppermint, frankincense, and myrrh); soy candles, including new holiday scents (egg nog, gingerbread cake, and candy cane); scents, body scrubs, lotions, aromatherapeutic bath salts and bath bombs
- Mitchell and Mitchell Wines
- Paradocx Vineyard
- Rebecca's Dumplings
- Taste of Puebla: Guacamole, pico de gallo, salsa fresca, corn chips, tamales (pork, chicken and vegan), and pozole verde -- a traditional mexican stew featuring a combination of shredded chicken, pulled pork, white corn, and oregano cooked in green salsa
- Wilsons Curiously Good Foods: Soups, chilies, possets, pots de crème and more
Are you a Biker, Hiker, or Casual Stroller?
Do you think your neighborhood needs safer crosswalks? Do you have safety concerns biking to work? The Delaware County Planning Department wants YOUR opinion and ideas to improve getting around and through our lovely borough.
Please take a few minutes (they say 15, but we finished it in 10) to take the county's survey. The more responses we get from Lansdowne, the more likely we are to be in their transportation plan. Click here to fill out the survey.
Lansdowne Arts Board presents reading of A Christmas Carol
The Lansdowne Arts Board presents a free, special reading of Charles Dickens’ “A Christmas Carol” as performed by Jared Reed on Friday, December 23, at 7:00 pm (doors open at 6:00 pm) at the 20*20 House (20 Lansdowne Court, behind the 20th Century Club). Jared Reed is Artistic Director of Media's Hedgerow Theatre Company and a Julliard-trained actor. Cookies and hot cider, too! This performance is recommended for families with children 8 and up.
In addition to the wonderful goings-on listed in the column at left, don't miss these upcoming events:
Penn Wood High School Winter Concert
Friday, December 16, 7:00 pm; free
Penn Wood High School
100 Green Avenue
Lansdowne Arts Board presents A Christmas Carol
Reading by Jared Reed
Friday, December 23, 7:00 pm; free
20*20 House, 20 S. Lansdowne Court
PA Diversity Project Poetry Slam
Saturday, January 21, 3:00 pm
Art Space Lansdowne
25 S. Lansdowne Avenue
Do you have an event to announce?
Send your upcoming events to email@example.com to have them included in this space!
Read our announcement and advertising policies.