NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE POWER SEWING CONTEST (THE "CONTEST.") A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1) ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is only open to legal residents of the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada who are at least 18 years old as of the date of entry. This Contest is void outside the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada where prohibited.
2) CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins on or about 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time ("PT") on February 13, 2018 and ends at 11:59 p.m. PT on March 11, 2018 ("Contest Period"). All entries must be received no later than 11:59 p.m. PT on March 11, 2018.
3) HOW TO ENTER & PHOTO GUIDELINES: Choose one of the four possible Vogue Patterns (Today's Fit) V1574, V1569, V1564, V1540. Make the topper/tabard/coat/jacket of your creative choice. Entries must be 3 photos total: 1 front, 1 back, 1 detail close-up. Entries must include fabric content, pattern choice and most challenging aspect. Email the images and required sewing process information entries, along with your full name, address and daytime phone number to
("Submission") with subject line: Contest Entry- "pattern number choice". Entrants may only submit one Entry. By entering this Contest, you agree to join the Power Sewing marketing database to receive emails about special promotions, exclusive offers, and updates about new materials and shows.
Your images may not show trademarked images and other brand logos. Further, your images must not be obscene or otherwise inappropriate, hateful, slanderous, libelous, tortious, violent, discriminatory, unlawful, offensive, harassing, and it must not violate or infringe upon another's rights (including but not limited to material that violates privacy, publicity, or intellectual property rights). All submitted images will be moderated by a Power Sewing administrator. Images that are deemed vulgar, unlawful, harmful, generally inappropriate, or in violation of the terms of these Official Rules will not be approved by the administrator and your submission will not be entered in the Contest. It is your responsibility to ensure that your submitted images do not infringe or violate the intellectual property rights or other rights of any third party or any laws. Your images must not contain brand names, copyrighted material or trademarks (other than those owned by you, Power Sewing or Vogue Patterns/The McCall Pattern Company). Submissions are limited to one (1) per entrant. The winner will be chosen by Sandra Betzina of Power Sewing. Late entries will not be accepted. Entries may not be submitted through agencies or third parties. By taking part in the Contest, each entrant (or your parent/legal guardian if you are a minor in your jurisdiction of primary residence) unconditionally agrees and accepts to be bound by these Official Rules and the decision of Power Sewing, which will be final and binding in all respects.
4) WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. One winner will be selected on or about 3/13/18 by Sandra Betzina of Power Sewing. The entries will be judged on (1) overall impression, (2) creativity, (3) use of fabric and detailing, (4) execution. Any potential winner will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. If a potential winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within five (5) days from the date the Sponsor first tries to notify him/her; (iii) refuses the prize; and/or (iv) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the Contest or receive the prize, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. Upon contacting a potential winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Contest, such individual will be declared the "winner" of the Contest.
5) PRIZE DESCRIPTION. One winner will receive 1) 1 signed copy of Sandra Betzina's
All New Fabric Savvy
book, 2) 1 Ron Collins Vogue Men's Pattern,
, 3) 2 Power Sewing Skill Series DVDs: DVD#6-
Pillows With A Punch
, 4) 1
book by Sandra Betzina, 5) 2 Mystery Sandra Betzina Out-of-Print patterns, 6) 1 Nifty Notions Brass Seam Ripper, 7) 1 Collins Wash Away Wonder Tape, 8) Trio of Schmetz needles, 9) Buttons from Sandra's stash, 10) Mystery bag of sewing notions, and 11) 1 copy of book
111 Places in San Francisco That You Must Not Miss
. The approximate total retail value of this prize is $250.
6) TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner's sole responsibility.
7) OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. All entry materials become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the entrant, but entry into this Contest constitutes entrant's irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation, with or without attribution, to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, perform, adapt, enhance, or display such Submission, and the entrant's name and/or likeness, for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration or the copyright in the Submission. Sponsor and/or others authorized by the Sponsor shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Submission.
8) TERMS AND CONDITIONS: By participating, an entrant agrees to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of Sandra Betzina and Power Sewing, which shall be final in all respects.
9) SPONSOR: Power Sewing, 5 Upper Terrace., San Francisco, CA 94117.
10) WHO WON? For the name of the winner, please email
, Subject: Winter 2018 Vogue Pattern Inspiration Contest.