Packet Pickup & Late Registration
Friday Feb. 24 10 am-7pm
5992 Steubenville Pike
Robinson Township, PA 15136
RACE DAY LATE REGISTRATION
Friday Feb. 24 10 am-7pm
8:30 am - 9:55 am
North Park Rose Barn
across from the Boathouse
If you are pre-registered or still want to register we hope you can pick up your packet at Elite Runners & Walkers on Friday and reduce the craziness race morning. At our current rate of registration, we may hit close to or over 1,300 runners and walkers.
If you can't make it to packet pickup, you may also pick up your stuff at late registration on race day beginning at 8:30 am.
& RACE EXPO
Elite Runners & Walkers
will once again be hosting the packet pickup and will be offering discounts during for Thursday and Friday ONLY!
Fall/Winter 2011 clothing 40% OFF
Winter Accessories 40% OFF
Socks Buy 3 get 1 FREE
ALL Puma shoes only $30
20% off all Spring 2012 Apparel
10% off Hydration belts and bottles
Special discounts on all shoes.
Many, too low to advertise!
Stop in and load up for your spring race season.
Proceeds of the race benefit area youth organizations like the St. Malachy XC/Track program, Beaver County Young Life, St. Philips of Moon Youth Ministry, and 2-3 other who will provide the volunteers who help make this race happen.
Please join us this Saturday for a great time and help local youth organizations!
|Other Upcoming Elite Runners & Walkers produced Events
Sign up now to get the free shorts.
Also Join us at these Elite Runners Sponsored events
River Run 5K
March Mad Dash
5K, 5M, 10M Run
12th Annual Burgh's
Pizza & Wing Pub
10K / 5K Runs
Team Alex 5K and
5 Mile Run/Walk
Every race is only as good as its volunteer army. Although, we have a number of great youth groups to handle the course set up, clean up, and water stops we could always use experienced runners to help with registration. You know the drill, so who better to help out.
So, if you want a prime parking space and would be willing to help at registration from 8:30-9:45 and then go jump in the race, email
and let Kevin know you are coming, but remember you have to be there by 8:15am.
The 37th Annual Spring Thaw which is a 10, 15, or 20 Mile race will be held this coming Saturday February 25, 2012 at the North Park Rose Barn & Boathouse beginning at 10:00 am
- In person at Elite Runners & Walkers on Friday at Elite Runners & Walkers or on Race Day at the Rose Barn.. FYI, great deals in the store when you pick up. Time to save!
- FYI, if we run out of shirts, we will discount the fee, but it still goes up on race day another $5 either way.
For a nominal fee, compared to other long distance races around the country, you receive:
- Disposable chips to save time at the finish line. Pick up your packets at Elite Runners & Walkers & you will receive your chip, so no chip line on race day.
- Post race, the disposable chip will be good for 10% off select purchases at Elite Runners when you bring it back in to get recycled.
- 10, 15, or 20 mile race. You choose the distance, but may switch during the race depending on how you feel. No need to tell anyone, the chip will pick up each of your loops and put you in the appropriate race.
- Long sleeve "technical fabric tee" while supplies last and they are going fast.
- Plus Gloves if you go at least 15 miles
- Plus Embroidered fleece hat & the gloves if you go 20 miles.
- Overall and Age group awards for 10 mile race, overalls only for 20 mile. No age group or overall awards for the 15 mile.
- Soup Buffet & HOT PIZZA afterwards in the Rose Barn
- Raffle prizes - including some free shoes from our shoe sponsor this year, New Balance
- Massage Tables provided by Scott Korb and his associates from All About Massage & Wellness for pre & post race therapy. Scott can also do Kinesio taping if needed prior to the event.
For the 5th year in a row we may break our attendance record. Don't miss out on a record crowd.
PARKING & SHUTLE BUSSES
THE BOATHOUSE WILL BE CLOSED TO ALL CARS ON RACE DAY!
Due to the TREMENDOUS growth of the event, predicted to be 1,200-1,300 participants this year, we are once again utilizing shuttles from the following parking areas: The Pool, The Spillway, & The Ice Rink.
The Police are requesting that no one parks along Pierce Mill unless it is in a designated lot space as the thawing temps make for mushy ground which will cause tires to sink in and cause damage to the park. We want to leave the park the same way we find it, so please utilize designated parking lots and take the shuttles.
FYI Early means about 8:30 am not 9:55 am
Shuttles will run from 8:00 am until 2:30 pm
Race Day registration starts at 8:30 and the race course closes at 1:30 pm so the shuttles will get you there on time and get you back to the cars.
Did we mention,
WEATHER LOOKS TO COOPERATE
Although it will be cold, we will be there to put on a great event for you, so no reason to no show. The volunteers will be out there to cheer you and and get you pumped up to push through.
However, know that Pittsburgh's winter weather is unpredictable, so weather will always be a factor come race day. Dress appropriately and strategy vs. speed may win you the race.
FYI, we have never ever cancelled a race for weather conditions, so if you paid, you should show up as we will be there. Runner safety is our priority, however, this is a winter race and we expect you to understand that and to dress and run for the conditions on race day.
See you at packet pickup or race day!
RACE BAG DROP-OFF
Since runners will have to park up to 1.7 miles away and take shuttles, we will have a race bag drop-off at the Boathouse again this year.
We will have volunteers upstairs in the Boathouse to collect and organize the bags for the runners and then you can simply go up, pick them up and change in the Boathouse bathrooms before coming over to the Rose Barn for all the Food and Refreshements.
FYI, Make sure your race bag is CLEARLY and SECURELY marked with your race number. Volunteers will be there the whole time to watch your stuff.
POST RACE PARTY
We have awards, music, tons of giveaways and of course over 80 gallons of soup, some fruit, and about 3,000 slices of Pizza to feed the army of runners we expect to show up.
So please stop in pary with us til the race is over.
|Thanks for making this event so successful.|
Race Director - The Spring Thaw
Elite Runners & Walkers