- April is a great time to check your credit report.
Go to annualcreditreport.com - the only source under federal law to obtain a free annual credit report. Then sign on to MyStartingPoint to learn how to improve your credit score!
- April is Financial Literacy Month, but MyStarting Point is with you all year round with tips and information on how to take control of your financial life!
- Just in time for pleasant Spring weather across the U.S., Rutgers Cooperative Extension and the Cooperative Extension system are launching an online Small Steps to Health and Wealth™ (SSHW) Challenge called "Spring 2012 SSHW Challenge." This free six-week program, open to anyone who enrolls online, will be held from Sunday, April 15, through Saturday, May 26, 2012. Prizes will be awarded for participants who report the highest point totals. The Challenge was originally developed in a "paper and pencil" format, but is now available online. According to their press release, "It has been well documented that, when people monitor their behavior and measure their how they're doing, they are often inspired to do better and achieve positive results." We knew that - this is the principle upon which MyStartingPoint is based!
- According to Money Management International's Financial Literacy Survey, 1/3 of Americans said they should be responsible for their own financial education. You can start today with MyStartingPoint!
- The Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and Visa Inc. will co-host the sixth annual Financial Literacy and Education Summit on April 23, 2012. The program will bring together international financial literacy experts who will address potential solutions to improving financial literacy for citizens in countries around the world that operate under varying economic conditions. Over the last year and a half, MyStartingPoint has welcomed visitors from over 21 countries!