Friday Five Newsletter
|Northern Tier Opportunity at an
Summer 2018 Northern Tier Trek - $600.00 OFF!
Tuscarora Troop 422 is now offering a $600 reduction in cost for attendees to Northern Tier!
They are in need of 2 to 4 Scouts who want to be a part of their 2 crews going to Northern Tier in Ely (Pronounced EAL-EE) Minnesota this summer.
Trek departs on Wednesday June 27th at 6am and returns to Raleigh on Friday July 6th around midnight.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Trek leaders can give any interested individuals the low-down on what they will need and how they need to prepare.
This is a "canned trip" that a Scout may never get the opportunity to do again if they are currently between the ages of 15 and 18. This trip has taken a lot of planning and training and the adult leaders are ready to go with the necessary training already completed.
Original cost of this trip including:
* 7 Day High Adventure Trip to Northern Tier - US and Canadian Boundary Waters
* Round Trip Airfare
* BlueSky Adventures 4.5hr Shuttle Service to and from Minneapolis - Base Northern Tier
They are now offering this opportunity for $1500.00 ! A $600 discount!
Final night hotel room is not included and spending money will still need to be considered.
Contact: Alan Stillman as soon as possible - email@example.com or call (919) 524-3866
Get Hooked on Scouting - Spring Cub
Calling ALL Cub Scouts! Come out and spend the morning with your fellow Cubs and enjoy a morning full of spring Cub fishing fun and beautiful spring weather at Lake Sylvania at
Registration deadline is
Lake Sylvania - Camp Tuscarora
Saturday - May 12, 2018
Assembly for Registration at the Flag Pole
Fishing runs from 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
* Concessions on site all day! Hot dogs, drinks, chips,etc.
$8.00 per Cub Scout ($10.00 after May 4th)
Items You'll Need to Bring:
* A Cub Scout AND a Parent/Guardian
* Fishing Pole (Rod & reel, cane pole, etc.)
* Bait (Live bait only! No artificial lures)
* A Bucket or small cooler to transport fish to the weighing station
* Cub Scout Spirit
- Live bait only
- Fishing from bank only - NO BOATS, NO FISHING AT MILL CREEK
- Only the fish caught by Cub Scouts count towards competition, no fish caught by adults will be counted in the competition.
- Each youth participant must be under the direct supervision of an adult at all times.
Find the registration flyer here
* Don't forget to bring a bucket or container to transport your fish to the weighing station! It's "Catch and Release", and we like to keep 'em alive. *
Range Safety Officer Training - May 19th
RSO Course -
May 19, 2018
Camp Raven Knob
The Tuscarora Council Shooting Sports Committee has arranged for an upcoming Range Safety Officer training, available at Camp Raven Knob in Mt. Airy, NC on May 19th for just $30.
This fee covers the cost of the materials, a breakfast and a lunch during the class Saturday. It is suggested that participants drive up on Friday night. We will be able to camp inside the training facility; so tents are not necessary.
More information will be coming out next week. NRA certification will have to purchased from the NRA for an additional fee.
Carpool is available. For more information and with any questions please contact
Shooting Sports Director at
BALOO (Basic Adult L
eader Outdoor Orientation) Spring 2018
BALOO (Basic Adult
Leader Outdoor Orientation) Training
BRAND NEW Course - Expanded Content!
· Who: Cub Scout Leaders & Webelos Leaders
· What: Basic Adult Leader Outdoor Orientation (BALOO)
· When: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 8:00am - Sunday, May 6, 2018, 11:00am (Effective 8/16/17, BALOO is now an overnight training. Also, there is no longer a separate outdoor course for Webelos Leaders. OWLS has been incorporated in to the new, updated and expanded BALOO Course.)
· Where: Camp Tuscarora (965 Scout Rd, Four Oaks, NC 27524)
· Cost: $30 - includes all course materials and meals.
Deadline to sign up is April 27.
In order for a Pack to go camping, at least one leader, (two are highly recommended) must be BALOO trained and on site during the campout.
PLEASE NOTE: BALOO training is now comprised of two components-an online component and a practical, hands-on component. Both components must be completed to qualify as a "TRAINED" Cub Scout outdoor leader.
The online component must be completed prior to the practical component. The online training contains introductory and basic information that will be built upon during the practical training.
|IOLS (Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills) Spring 2018
to Outdoor Leader Skills)
- Who: Boy Scout Leaders, and Venturing Leaders
- What: Introduction to Leadership Skills (IOLS)
- When: May 5 - 6, 2018. 8:00am Saturday - 11:30am Sunday
- Where: Camp Tuscarora (965 Scout Rd, Four Oaks, NC 27524)
- Cost: $40, includes course materials and meals.
- Deadline to register is April 30 by 4:30p.
- This training is to understand how the Boy Scout Outdoor Program works. A "Trained" Scoutmaster needs this training and Position Specific training to be considered "Trained."
In terms of supplies, you will need: a ground cloth, lantern (if you have one), compass, mess kit, tent, sleeping bag, personal toiletries. Food is provided during the weekend.
* Bonus Training Session on Friday, May 4th for any IOLS participants also in need of Scoutmaster Specific Indoor training:
Friday, May 4th - 6:00p. - 10:30p. (FREE to any registered IOLS participant who needs to complete this course. Please indicate this choice on your registration form if interested.)
Phone: _________________ E-mail: ____________________
Unit #: __________ Unit Position: _______________________
Find the registration form
Please Send Payments to:
Tuscarora Council, IOLS
172 NC Hwy 581 S.
Goldsboro, NC 27530
CHECK US OUT AND FOLLOW OUR STORY IN PICTURES ON INSTAGRAM!
Boy Scouts of America
Council Service Center - 172 NC Hwy 581 S.
Goldsboro, NC 27530
P 919.734.1714 F 919.734-6540
Camp Tuscarora - 965 Scout Road
Four Oaks, NC 27524
Want to Join Scouting? www.BEASCOUT.org