August 17, 2017
Welcome to our 2017-18 school year. I pray that you have had a good break and that you are all ready for a great new school year.
I have been busy preparing for our year together and want to share personnel updates. Some of what I list may have been shared prior to school's end in June. Most importantly, we have a new 4th grade teacher, which I am very excited about.
Mrs. Kari Allegri, classroom aide, moved to third grade from TK.
- Mrs. Teresa Anthony will teach the advanced section of seventh grade math.
- Ms. Sheila Ashtiani moved from first grade to third grade teacher.
- Mrs. Jennie Britt, classroom aide, moved to fourth grade from third.
- Ms. Jen Bruzzone will be 1/5 administration, vice-principal, and remain as 6th grade homeroom and junior high math teacher.
- Ms. Kalei Ching, 7th grade homeroom teacher, will add the advanced section of eighth grade math to her teaching duties.
- Mr. Lou deMelo has gone to 4/5 time and will be with us a few hours on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and full-time on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Mrs. Gabrielle Dumas has returned and will take over the reigns of 4th grade teacher, a grade she worked in during her early years at OLMC School. This past year, she has been the lead teacher at a small specialized school working with students with learning differences. Her wonderful knowledge of our community, enthusiasm and positive, creative spirit will help to make fourth grade amazing. Welcome back!
- Mr. Steve Foy is our new PE teacher. He is a veteran Rhythm and Moves teacher with 8 years of experience.
- Ms. Jessica Hernandez will teach eighth grade US History and Government, something she is passionate and knowledgeable about. She will remain as 5th grade homeroom teacher.
- Ms. Shauna Hussey, our new first grade teacher, comes to us with three years of primary education experience and is excited to share her love of teaching with our grade one students and parents.
- Ms. Christine Keelan '09, a recent University of San Diego graduate, is coming on board as our new full-time Kindergarten classroom aide.
- Ms. Erika Lyssand '04, will continue some of her duties at A Kid's Place and become the classroom aide in TK.
- Ms. Peggy Patterson has gone to full-time and will teach four math sections, sixth grade social studies and oversee the online math programs for grades three - eight.
- Ms. Amanda Thomas, our new TK teacher, will also be in charge of 5th grade science and will be using an online curriculum, STEMscopes, that follows next generation science standards. She is very familiar with the program as she used it last year.
- Mrs. Laurin Toegemann will work 4/5 time as vice-principal, junior high science teacher and music teacher.
- Mrs. Diane Zell will be a classroom aide and yard supervisor and brings with her a wealth of experience from working in other classrooms.
The remainder of the staff is returning and will remain in positions they held in June. All this change is exciting and positive. With our new employees and re-positioning of returning staff, we will deliver a comprehensive, solid exciting curriculum for all learners. Blessings and gratitude for entrusting your precious children in our hands. The 2017-18 school year will be amazing.
Please talk to me if you have any questions or concerns.
I look forward to seeing all of you in the next couple of weeks. But most importantly, I can't wait to hear the laughter and joy of the children on the first day of school.