WSCGA Junior Foundation Hosts
GA - SC Team Challenge Matches
Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee
August 4 & 5
The 12th Annual GA-SC Challenge Matches will be held this year at Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee, Eatonton, GA, hosted by the GSGA. The matches were the brain child of Stacy Easley (GSGA) and Inez Long (WSCGA) to have an annual match between the top four girls that finished in each state's respective Junior Girls' State Amateur Championship.
The guidelines were as follows:
- The site for the annual matches will alternate between GA and SC.
- Each team will be made up of four girls and their spots will be earned according to their finish in each state's respective Junior Girls' State Amateur.
- The annual matches will be held following each state's Junior Girls' State Amateur but before school starts in the fall, usually in early August.
- Schedule of the Matches:
- Friday Afternoon: Practice Round
- Friday Evening: Pizza Party
- Saturday Morning: Day 1 Matches: 4 Single Matches- 8am Start
- Saturday Evening: Dressy Casual Dinner.
- Sunday Morning: Day 2 Matches: 4 Single Matches - 8am Start
- Awards Luncheon following Completion of play
- In 2006, four singles matches were played each day and each match was worth 1 point for a total of 8 points.
- In 2007, the points were changed and each match became worth 3 points (1 point for front 9; 1 point for back 9: and 1 point for total) for a total of 24 points.
- In 2017, there will be 6 Girls on each team, resulting in 6 Single Matches each day for a total of 36 points along with Two Captains (Coaches).
- The GA-SC Junior Girls' Challenge Match Trophy is a beautiful crystal trophy and was donated by Karen Feree, who was originally from the state of GA but now lives in and competes in SC.
Georgia's Tess Davenport
South Carolina's Chloe Holder
Georgia's Carol Pyon
South Carolina's Mary Katherine Talledo
Georgia's Sara Im
South Carolina's Sophia Burnett
Georgia's Ahra Ko
South Carolina's Isabella Rawl
Georgia's Jenny Bae
South Carolina's Savannah Hylton
Georgia's Kate Owens
South Carolina's Rachel Rich
Follow on Live Scoring with the link below: