Content Authorization Platform for TVE
For those of you who missed last month's webinar, GLDS is excited to announce WinCAP, our content authorization platform for TV Everywhere (TVE) services. We've been working for close to a year on a platform that many in the industry admit is the best, most comprehensive way of managing TVE services. Best of all, it's integrated directly with WinCable and hosted here in Carlsbad so content providers shouldn't require elaborate independent certifications for each customer.
Yes, you'll still need to work out a distribution relationship with the content provider, but WinCAP allows operators to connect the technical dots behind the scenes and make everything work the way it should. We're still certifying with several content providers but expect the solution to be deployed with a couple of beta operators by the end of April and live shortly thereafter - well in time for the Olympics.
Interested in the Olympics on-demand? GLDS NEEDS TO KNOW NOW so we can get you in line for the platform. We're also planning to dedicate a session to it at the upcoming 2012 GLDS Users' Conference, less than three weeks from now. In this session we'll revisit the basics as well as provide updates on the platform, and all participating content partners.
Tip: How To Cut Your Printing Costs
Did you know that WinCable users have the option of sending monthly statements via email rather than paying printing/postage and sending a bill the old fashioned way? Best of all, this option is included in your WinCable software at no additional charge. Operators can send email bills to any number of selected subscribers, and attach a .pdf or .html color copy of their statement.
Complete set-up documentation is available and already installed on your workstation. Just go to the Help Menu, Contents, then Index, type in the word "e-mail" and then click the Display button. You'll see complete instructions on setup, messages, and attaching color statements.
As a bonus, setting up your email billing configuration allows you to send reports, subscriber transaction summaries, and even work orders via email directly from your WinCable database. Emailing work orders extends your system reach, improves technician productivity, and eliminates the need for additional remote users. Sending email reports to customers saves money, cuts response time, and improves
Call or email support with specific questions.
Who Will Win The Coveted Trophy at UG 2012?
Need Urgent Help After Hours?
GLDS is only a phone call away.
Many of you know (because you've used it a lot) that GLDS offers Emergency Technical Support outside of "standard" business hours. However, for those that don't, we thought we'd take some time to highlight the process of requesting this kind of help. First, we'll point out that this kind of support is for emergency purposes only. Examples of an emergency would include the inability to access WinCable or SuperController, failure of SuperController to communicate with an addressable controller, or other such urgent issues. Issues like trying to set up bill messages, configuring new packages or running reports? Not urgent.
Assuming you need to reach out to GLDS outside of 8:00a-8:00p Central time, we'd ask that you follow these instructions carefully. If you don't, we won't get your message, and you won't get a returned call until the next business day.
1. Call 800.444.0363 within the US and Canada, or +1.760.602.1900 extension 2 internationally.
2. Listen to the greeting which will sound something like this... STOP - Please listen to this entire message and follow the instructions. Thanks for calling GLDS Technical Support. Please note that by leaving an urgent voicemail after standard business hours, you are requesting billable support, regardless of whether or not you are on a GLDS Monthly Support Plan. After hours support is offered at a rate of $195/hr and is provided in one-hour increments. If you would like to proceed with billable support, please leave your message, providing as much detail as possible regarding your issue explaining the urgent nature of the situation. After-hours support is offered only for urgent issues. When you finish with your message, press the pound, or hash symbol, and follow the instructions for Special Delivery Options which will include instructions on how to mark your message urgent. Messages that are not marked urgent will not be returned until the next business day, during standard business hours.
3. Leave your message, including your name, company and call-back number, then press the pound or hash symbol #.
4. Press 1 to specify delivery options.
5. Press 1 to mark the message urgent.
Follow these instructions and our on-call technicians will be notified. You should receive a call within 10-15 minutes. It's that simple.
Go Mobile At The Cable Show 2012The Cable Show 2012
May 21-23, 2012
GLDS Booth 1458
is designed to enhance your trade show experience and provide valuable information for all Cable Show smartphone users. The mobile app is useful not only for the actual show dates but before and after the show as well. It's a free resource that gives you wall-to-wall coverage of everything.
Download your app and schedule a one-on-one meeting with GLDS today!